MRT AxleBack Exhaust

edsasdelli

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here is an update. I had MRT Eco-Flow Axle Back installed. I was going to try it myself but required cutting existing OEM tailpipes and then "clamping" new system on. I did not want to use clamps, I wanted it welded. I found a local shop that installed it (welded) for $100, all went well.

I like the system, I am satisfied. It's hard to describe exhaust sound in words but here goes. It is only a little bit louder than stock (except under acceleration) but it is definitely deeper. At idle and cruise, hardly notice but deeper note. Under moderate or heavy acceleration, it definitely sounds louder and performance-sporty but not bad (like a Honda Civic-type fart pipe). I will try to get some audio clips that do it justice and post when weather gets nicer.

Ed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is only a little bit louder than stock (except under acceleration) but it is definitely deeper. At idle and cruise, hardly notice but deeper note. Under moderate or heavy acceleration, it definitely sounds louder and performance-sporty but not bad (like a Honda Civic-type fart pipe). I will try to get some audio clips that do it justice and post when weather gets nicer.

Ed

I installed my MRT exhaust and it is a lot louder than stock. I can hear it pretty much all the time when resting the accelerator. It has a nice low rumble when starting and at highway speeds it’s a higher exhaust note.

Are the mufflers from MRT a through design? as in, can you see straight through them, or are they some sort of chambered set-up? I just installed a custom exhaust on mine and I'm looking for a straight thru design that will cut out some of the drone I'm experiencing since I only have a resonator (no muffler in the rear). I posted a video on this thread as well:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/23972-custom-exhaust-on-my-sport/