2015 edge 2.0 new

slides

just picked up a 2015 2.0 with 21k miles but have a few questions.

It did not come with a hitch but we might tow a small trailer, is there any difference in transmission / radiator cooler for the tow package vs non? trailer would be under 1500 lbs.

what hidden features are there?

side note: we have a titanium with the 302A package

Cool thanks for that, so looks like the 2.0 does get a bigger radiator and fans with the tow package. I think ill be fine with the light trailer i'm pulling.

All you guys just running semi-synthetic oil?

I run fully synthetic in my bmw but i DD and track the car so it gets quite a beating, i dont feel like the ford really needs fully synthetic.

Cool thanks for that, so looks like the 2.0 does get a bigger radiator and fans with the tow package. I think ill be fine with the light trailer i'm pulling.

All you guys just running semi-synthetic oil?

I run fully synthetic in my bmw but i DD and track the car so it gets quite a beating, i dont feel like the ford really needs fully synthetic.

The factory motorcraft oil is a synthetic blend which works just fine as long as you stick with the factory intervals and you're not doing any "severe" conditions.

• Like 1

For the turbocharged engines it is highly recommended to go full synthetic right from the start, whether it be Motorcraft, Castrol, Pennzoil, Mobil1, Amsoil, Royal Purple, etc. Motorcraft oils do hold their own pretty well tho, and as akirby mentioned, the oil change interval is even more important than the oil. This is a second-gen 2.0, but I would not want to be surprised that issues from the first-gen carry over. The 2.0 is a "dirty" engine, and does well with frequent oil changes.

I head straight to parts diagrams from Ford/dealrship, as most of the time these questions will be answered.

Yes on trans cooler

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/auto-parts/2015/ford/edge/sel-trim/2-0l-l4-gas-engine/automatic-transmission-cat/oil-cooler-scat

Oil cooler, doesnt look like it, but I could have missed it.