Few Probability/Statistics Questions

tamugrad2013

So my Edge is a currently at 91,535 miles and I will most likely hit 100,000 miles by August of 2018. My premium care extended warranty ends at 100,000 miles or March of 2019 so I think 100,000 miles is more likely. I am planning on keeping the car for at least another 7 years or about 180,000 miles. So what I am wondering is after this many miles is there a likelihood that the APIM will go out because the extended coverage on that has come and gone. Also I am wondering the likelihood of the door ajar issue coming up after this many years and mileage. I plan on taking it in around the Middle of March for hopefully a last shop visit just to get a few final issues worked out (ie. possible small oil leak with no drop on the dipstick in the 5 months that I normally have between oil changes, still a consistent drop in the coolant level even after many checks with three different dealerships and no sign of it going into the oil, this has been perplexing for almost 45,000 miles now, and also an APIM check.

The APIM has been a little wonky but I wonder if a faulty A7 nav card could have been the culprit. Here is the story, MFT has been flawless until I replaced my A4 nav card with an A7 card from Amazon. I kept that card for about 7 months and would have a laggy experience loading nav or a no nav card inserted error multiple times which would normally resolve itself in 10-15 minutes. I would also get intermittent phone connection issues and slow but up in general on the screen. Well back in January the Nav card completely stopped working for 5 days and I frustratingly contacted the company thinking all they can do is tell me they won't refund or exchange the card. Well much to my surprise they not only exchanged it but upgraded me to an A8 card for no cost. Since I have put that card in the system seems to be running a lot smoother. Maybe it is a placebo effect but everything works great for the last three weeks and no issues.

I will say the new transmission is awesome since it was installed still occasionally will shift a bit wonky, but a hell of a lot smoother and no weird hop when turning slowly like when in a parking lot, and the new turbo well I didn't think anything was wrong with the old one, but city gas mileage has been better in the seven months since it was replaced.

I know super long post but any input would be appreciated.

For electronics issues, seems like the most popular fix has been to disconnect the neg battery cable for a period of time, then reconnect. A little fuzzy on for how how people have disconnected prior to getting results, but should be no more than 40 min or so. Now if the screen goes blank or shows upside down backup image, those will not get fixed this way.

A small drop in coolant level is normal for any vehicle over the course of a year. When the dealerships checked, did they test the degas bottle cap? Did they hold pressure on the system for 10 minutes or more? Small leaks will show up over time, not right away, with this test. I believe the water pump is external on the 2.0, so a repair bill would not break the bank like it does on the NA or EB 3.5. It is possible there are microcracks in the heads like there were in the 1.6, but I have not seen such reports for the 2.0. If it drops a 1/4" or less over a year, you should be fine. Keep it topped off at the TOP of the COLD FILL range.

Keep fluids refreshed well ahead of schedule and you should see minimal issues with the powertrain. Ecoboosts need occasional heavy throttle driving, so be sure to give your Edge the goods once in a while.

Sadly it has always dropped well more than that think an inch in a matter of three months. I know the water pump is external thankfully, but I am not sure about testing the Degas Bottle Cap. I am considering replacing it on my own just to see if an eleven dollar fix may do the trick. It has always looked fine but you know why not try it out.

As for the Oil Leak there is never any oil on the ground were I park, but the underbody plastic cover has had oil spots that were very fresh on it the last two oil changes. I thought after the first one (July of 2017) it was the drain plug due to it being pretty old and the rubber gasket looking completely shredded. So I replaced both. But the second time in (November of 2017) the drain plug area looked really dry and noticed on the right side of the engine had some wet spots. I was kinda wishing it was the side that connected to the transmission so I can figure an improper connection when the transmission was replaced and an easy explanation but to no avail.