Lincoln MKX 2016 reserve 2.7T carplay

Fastfwd75

https://imgur.com/a/5AUEL

First impressions:

So comfortable and silent. I have set the drive mode to comfort suspension and normal performance and the sport mode to sport/sport. It does something like the bose noise cancelling headphones; so quiet in there. You don't realize how loud you talk in cars until you get one where you don't have to. Great to listen to calm music or podcasts too. Currently on 18 winters; the 21 summers will probably be a bit louder.
All reviews said get the 2.7T engine instead of the 3.7. 335hp/380tq same as the new Edge ST. Right now in winter this seems crazy. Go off the line is too much; I have to relearn to go gently on the gas for my passengers. The MPG in the city is not going to be great; this is a heavy car to move.
I love carplay. sync 1 was basically worse than just having bluetooth audio because it would screw with siri. Sync 3 seems better and works fine with bluetooth audio and siri but I think I will be using carplay 100% of the time. Looking forward to waze for sync 3 too.
The trunk is quite wide and deep but not very high. I used to be able to barely fit my bike upright with the front wheel off in my 2011 escape; won't fit upright in the MKX but there's plenty of space to put it flat with the front wheel on.
Panorama roof is amazing. So much light coming in during winter. I am not sure how often I will leave it open during summer; I use this mostly to feel less caged.
There is no traction control off button. You have to go into the menu 2-3 menus deep. Not a big deal but I used to have that button on all my other cars with traction control.
The lights gradually turn on when you approach the car with the key and the mirror project a lighted Lincoln logo next to the front doors. I love it.
Kick under the bumper to open the trunk seems to only work when there is light. Tested it outside and it works great. In my garage with the light off I could not get it to detect me. I am also wondering how useful it is when leaving the car since it does not seem to lock after. At some point I will have to use the remote to lock the doors or press on the outside door button.
The reserve model has a modem and I can remote start, lock or unlock from my phone from anywhere. Also there is a scheduled start that I have not tested yet. I think I will like this a lot coming back from the city on the bus to the parking. Get off the bus to an already warm car.
QcYgb8M.jpg
  • Like 2