2015 Ford Edge SEL EcoBoost - Tail Light Bar NOT Working

Hello All,

I recently purchased a used 2015 Ford Edge SEL EcoBoost.

Please see the attached pictures. The rear tail light "bar" does NOT work. It does not work whether I am hitting the brakes or not. Please advise.

Thank you in advance for whatever insight you can spare me!

Grant

post-49699-0-80326000-1518282524_thumb.png

post-49699-0-19821000-1518289571_thumb.jpg

post-49699-0-91564000-1518289575_thumb.jpg

post-49699-0-51675900-1518289691_thumb.png

Edited by grantcyoung

Only the Titanium and Sport models have the light bar that lights up. Both taillights are different too in the way that the upper section lights up in red for the parking and brake lights BUT the lower portion lights up in yellow for the turn signals. On the SEL, the whole taillights light up in red and the turn signal flashes in red, with no center light bar.

Claude.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, Hammitts said:

Is there a chance that the SEL and Titanium use the same light bar BUT they dont connect the connector that illuminates the red bar?   I have seen that on options on other vehicles where the harness is there but not connected unless you pay for the option

No. They are two different parts.

18 hours ago, Hammitts said:

Is there a chance that the SEL and Titanium use the same light bar BUT they dont connect the connector that illuminates the red bar?

Different part numbers.  The lighted center bar is FT48-13B433-BJ.  The non lighted bar is the same number except the last two are AJ. 

On Titanium and Sport models the lighted center bar is 'not' a brake light.  It's only on with the headlights.

There are several threads on this subject in this forum.  Here's a link to one:

Furthermore, and in the last post in the thread @Gadgetjq linked to, even the taillights on the sides are different. SE/SEL have different lights than Sport/Titanium models as they illuminate differently. If you want a full bar, you'll need all three light assemblies and also programming through ForScan.

In the SE/SEL side taillights, only the middle part illuminates. Low intensity for normal parking light function and full brightness with brakes/signals.

In Sport/Titanium side taillights, the surrounding illuminates as the parking light (completing the middle bar) and middle part is split, top is red for brakes and bottom is amber for signal.

Couldn't get better pictures, but should give an idea.

SE Taillight parking.jpg

Sport Taillight parking.jpg

Sport Taillight.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, four7bird said:

not the Cyclops but the one in-between the two rear brake lights..My doesn't light up on my SEL 

Yes, you can buy the light bar and both tail lights from the models such as the Sport and Titanium, and program the Body Control Module to get the light bar working.

Your light bar on the SEL isn't supposed to work if its still stock from the factory.

All models only have three brake lights, two on the sides and one above the tailgate window.

Edited by 1004ron