Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Ford Edge ST Forum Here

Photo
- - - - -

2014 Edge Cargo Cover Question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jasoneg

jasoneg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 18 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Edge's Year:2008

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:36 PM

Has anyone installed an aftermarket cargo cover that they like?  I found one on Amazon.  Its made by "Kaungka"??  It looks pretty good and its retractable.  Better than the Ford one I think.  Its only $73.99. 

Attached Files

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Traveler0980

Traveler0980

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:31 AM

I've paid extra for the cargo covers on a couple of vehicles just to have them sitting in the garage all the time. They were always getting in the way when trying to utilize the back area. Limited to what I could put under the cover.

Just my $.02 with.

#3 OFFLINE   candurin

candurin

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,131 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:22 AM

Ive been using a similar solution to this (when needed) for almost 6 years.

https://www.amazon.c...aw/d/B01KVXZCBM
  • WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#4 OFFLINE   jasoneg

jasoneg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:07 PM

I've paid extra for the cargo covers on a couple of vehicles just to have them sitting in the garage all the time. They were always getting in the way when trying to utilize the back area. Limited to what I could put under the cover.

Just my $.02 with.

I have work "stuff" I would like to keep out of site, and I don't just want to put a towel over it.  I want to keep it hidden.  I travel a lot and some areas are a little sketchy!

#5 OFFLINE   1004ron

1004ron

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 182 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

Just my $.02 with.

Same experience here.

After it getting in the way each time we go shopping, its laying collecting dust in the corner of the garage.

#6 OFFLINE   chefduane

chefduane

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 611 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

I have the Kongka Cargo cover in my '11 Limited and love it.  Covers nicely and rolls in/out of place easily (similar to the old Explorer cargo covers).  The only thing is that there is a 1/2" rigid rod that is used to connect the cover clips to the headrest posts.  It tends to 'walk' left or right and needs to be adjusted once in a while.  Not that big a deal just kind of a nuisance.  A way to keep it in place needs to be utilized.  Other than that, I like it a lot.  Looks OEM once installed.

#7 OFFLINE   jasoneg

jasoneg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

I have the Kongka Cargo cover in my '11 Limited and love it.  Covers nicely and rolls in/out of place easily (similar to the old Explorer cargo covers).  The only thing is that there is a 1/2" rigid rod that is used to connect the cover clips to the headrest posts.  It tends to 'walk' left or right and needs to be adjusted once in a while.  Not that big a deal just kind of a nuisance.  A way to keep it in place needs to be utilized.  Other than that, I like it a lot.  Looks OEM once installed.

Thanks for the info!  Sounds good!  One question though...my only concern was the power lift gate arm, does the cover have some kind of a cut-out to get around that??   

#8 OFFLINE   chefduane

chefduane

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 611 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:08 AM

Yes, I have the power lift gate and there is no problem.  There is a cutout with a sewn seam around the lift arm.  No interference whatsoever.

#9 OFFLINE   jasoneg

jasoneg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:05 AM

Yes, I have the power lift gate and there is no problem.  There is a cutout with a sewn seam around the lift arm.  No interference whatsoever.

Awesome.  Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users