2011 Ford Edge Needs New Engine, Thoughts?

raylee785

So, I just learned from the dealer that my 2011 Edge needs a new engine. Apparently the water pump blew up and there is coolant in the oil. The estimate is pretty high. I live in Lawrence, KS. Car is in Topeka at the moment. Anyone know anywhere near I might get a better estimate with good service? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Allen

well, they CAN put in a used engine, it depends on the dealer. but that could reflect poorly on them if things go south with the nused engine.

try and find an independent shop that will replace the engine for you. you can find one for yourself on car-part.com (any 2011-14, maybe even later MY but not sure) engine will do. It has to be the Ti-VCT variant, and using an Edge engine gives the best chance of plugnplay. say 1,000 for the engine, probably 1500 for labor? repairpal.com can provide estimates accurate to your area, but IDK if they cover engine replacement.

Reputable shops can be located via yelp.com and repairpal.com recommendations, if you have no word-of-mouth recommendations to go by.

EDIT: I am assuming you have the 3.5 engine, as you did not specify. 2011 had 3.5 and 3.7 options, with the 3.7 being only in the Sport trim.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Mine had 135,000 on it. The replacement engine has 29,000.

Sad to hear the engine went due to the water pump. The used engine is a best case deal and hope you get some type of warranty on it. At least enough to verify the engine is fully functional. Too bad it had a premature failure. Makes my 226,000 on the oem water pump seem like a blessing.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...