Rear brakes won't retract after brake job

Need some help here. I've done many brakes jobs and this one has stumped me. I have a 2014 edge. I just replaced the rear pads and rotors. I was able to retract the pistons and reassemble everything. I drove it around and now both left right rests are dragging bad. The pistons in the calipers will just not retract. Any ideas? They weren't dragging pre swap. New rotors match the old rotors dimensionally. Pads are from dealer.

I agree with disco. When you did the pads did you just clamp the old pads to push them in without cracking open the bleeder? I always crack the bleeder now instead of just pushing fluid back up into the reservoir, then top it off if necessary. sometimes not cracking the bleeder puts unnecessary stress on the calipers.

perhaps bleed the brakes to be sure there is no air as well

Edited by Mikula
  • Like 1

I agree with disco. When you did the pads did you just clamp the old pads to push them in without cracking open the bleeder? I always crack the bleeder now instead of just pushing fluid back up into the reservoir, then top it off if necessary. sometimes not cracking the bleeder puts unnecessary stress on the calipers.

perhaps bleed the brakes to be sure there is no air as well

I rotated the piston to push it back in. I aligned the slots in the piston to the pin on the pad. I did not crack the bleeder, I opened the reservoir.

2011 on do not use the brake drum/shoes emergency setup. Just the plain ole rotor & caliper. I believe to compensate, the rear rotors are the same size as the fronts.

EDIT: Rear is a bit LARGER than front!!!

FRONT

post-23566-0-84208100-1520425477_thumb.jpg

https://centricparts.centriccatalog.com/Inquiry/PartInt.aspx?pn=120.61090&id=WEB_DISC&v=LD&y=2014&m=54&mm=5858&uid=ANR&sid=0

REAR

post-23566-0-90307600-1520425480_thumb.jpg

https://centricparts.centriccatalog.com/Inquiry/PartInt.aspx?pn=120.61081&id=WEB_DISC&v=LD&y=2014&m=54&mm=5858&uid=ANR&sid=0

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1