New member Hello!

vader06

Hello,

I am new here. I currently drive a 2004 Ford Ranger and it has been a great vehicle. I have owned it for 10 years and I have taken very good care of it. It has not let me down. It has been the best vehicle I have owned.
In the next 6 to 12 month I will be buying something new I have been looking at the Ford Edge. I had neck surgery last summer and the Ranger tends to beat me up a little bit as far as the ride. Just this past weekend I test drove a 2014 Ford Edge SEL. It had a very smooth comfortable ride. This particular one had the leather heated seats and power everything including the Sync my Ford touch system. It was very nice. I hope I can find something similar when I am ready to buy.

The questions I have are there many issues with the 2014 Ford Edge's? Has anyone had the water pump problem with the 2014 model year? Has anyone had brake issues? Anything else to keep in mind?

The other question I have is there a big difference between the 2014 and 2015 considering Ford changed the body style? The salesman I spoke to said the 2014 seemed to have a better ride than the 2015 or newer models. I test drove a few other vehicles that were comparable to the Edge but they did not ride as nice and have all the options.