Official Release of V3.0 for SYNC3 Has Begun

From what I remember if you check for updates once and then turn wifi off it will no longer prompt you. I don't get the prompts on either vehicle I updated to 3.0. I also have never had it install an update over Wifi. It checks but never downloads them. My assumption is when it checks your VIN it doesn't see it as a valid Sync 3 vehicle.

Hmmm... In reading all the posts so far what I am perceiving is that doing an upgrade from v2.x to 3.0 provides little additional functionality and a lot of headache with bugs, glitches, and general irregularities. I'm sure there must be some back-end fixes that a user does not see, but my LTD w/ version 2.3 seems to be performing just fine (other than the reverse cam grid lines disappearing) so... what incentives might there be for me to upgrade? Maybe I have a case of 'leave well enough alone.'

• Like 1

Hmmm... In reading all the posts so far what I am perceiving is that doing an upgrade from v2.x to 3.0 provides little additional functionality and a lot of headache with bugs, glitches, and general irregularities. I'm sure there must be some back-end fixes that a user does not see, but my LTD w/ version 2.3 seems to be performing just fine (other than the reverse cam grid lines disappearing) so... what incentives might there be for me to upgrade? Maybe I have a case of 'leave well enough alone.'

Doesn't your Edge have MyFord Touch (aka Sync 2)?

Ā 

The discussion here is regarding Sync 3,the newer system that came on 2016+ Edges which is completely different from previous years.

Ā 

If your your still on V2.3 from the old system, then the latest upgrades to the old system do really fix bugs & stability issues.

Ah, yes. I think I might be confused. Yes, my Edge does have MFT and I am on v2.3 (per the Ford Owner site). Other than the backup gridlines everything is functioning fine now. Once I determine which ELM327 wired USB device I need to get I intend to go into Forscan (I have already downloaded the latest version) and address that. Thanks for the clarification.

Ah, yes. I think I might be confused. Yes, my Edge does have MFT and I am on v2.3 (per the Ford Owner site). Other than the backup gridlines everything is functioning fine now. Once I determine which ELM327 wired USB device I need to get I intend to go into Forscan (I have already downloaded the latest version) and address that. Thanks for the clarification.

Ā 

It is better to check the version in the settings' system information. Compare the version number to this list.

Omar, man, your posts have been really helpful. Thanks much. I did check the MFT info via system settings in the vehicle and from your post ^ I determined this info for my vehicle:

Ā 

CCPU: 15128 3.8 SyncGen2_3.08:15128.EA.10_Product Released October 02 2015 (Compatible up to A8, B8 & F6 SD Cards) Rev 4 (Patched) latest Nav Version (5.67.6) Released September 2015

Ā 

Per the link you provided there is one other later version 16180 Sync Gen2_3.10.16180 Released November 2016. The ford.owner.site does not list an update available for my VIN so 15128 3.08 is what I'm staying with.

Ā 

Thanks again for the info.

Ā 

Candurin: I ordered the EML327 reader you recommended. Should be here on Friday and I will address my gridline issue. May start doing some customization stuff if I get brave!

Ā 

Man, I love this group!

ford.owner.site stopped showing any updates for MFT for some time now. The only official way to update it to go to a dealer. Alternatively, you can find the files & download them for other sources. As far as I know, there are no real advantages for V3.10 over V3.8. Here is one source, you'll need the US version.

Success!! The ELM327 adapter came and I ran the Backup Camera Recalibration procedure (there's a utoob vid out there on exactly how to do it) and my gridlines are back!! Yay! Thanks for all the help guys!!

Ā 

I'll try not to be tempted to start futzing with other stuff with Forscan!

• Like 1

OK, so is Ford playing some kind of cruel joke here? Last night I run the recalibration procedure and gridlines re-appear and everything is fine This morning I drive around a bit then need to shift to reverse, AND NO GRIDLINES! WTF? I will run the procedure again in awhile and hope that I sticks this time. If not, I have no explanation for what is going on.

Could you take the discussion of MFT and gridlines to its own thread please. This is about SYNC3 and the V3.0 software being released. I really hate getting notifications that aren't related to it. Plus you might get better input to help solve your issue. Thanks

• Like 1

Rumor is WAZE released an update for IOS users today and that it now works stand-a-lone with Sync3 V3.0 via applink. I haven't personally tried it yet.

I just updated Waze this morning and tried it on my 2017 Ford Edge Titanium running Sync3 v3.0 (with Navigation) and it did not show up in the AppLink. iPhone 7 connected to USB and Waze running on phone.

Ā 

iHeartRadio now works without the need of the iHeart for Auto.

Ā 

April 17 addition: I tried again to get Waze to work and succeed. I had to have Sync update mobile apps serval times and then reconnect the phone by USB and it then worked. I then turned off the car and left it to go into the house and add favorites to Waze, when I returned and tried it again it worked fine.

Ā 

Is there a way in Waze to use the address of contacts that are on your phone? *** I found out how to do this ***

Ā 

Also found out that if my phone is connected to bluetooth and I connect my wife's by USB Waze will work from her phone. The thing is that while using Waze that's connected to her phone and inputting a destination on the car display there is a clicking sound for each input. If I switch her phone to bluetooth connection and use Waze by the USB then there is no clicking sound.

I hope in future revision to either Ford or Waze that the buttons on the bottom of the car display when using Waze would scroll down like when using the Ford navigation, this allows the map display to be bigger.

Edited by FordGuy1

• 3 months later...

I just bought at 2018 Sport with Nav. I got it home and connected it to my home Wifi while in the garage. My Wifi router is right on the other side of the wall. It shows there is an update to JR3T-14G423-CA software. It starts to download and I get this error "Previous Scan was incomplete, please try again when convenient".

Is this normal to get this error a few times? Will it auto update while the car is off?

• 1 month later...

I have a 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with Navigation that was updated to V3.0 in May 2018. Today when I checked the Ford owner site there was a new version of V3.0 for download. The one in may was JR3T-14G381-AM 3.0.13 this one is now 3.0.14. I downloaded it to USB and installed it in my Edge, it took only about 15 minutes to install. I don't know what it fixed or changed, nothing obvious but everything seems to work OK. Ford should get better at telling what revisions change or update. The general information in the Edge now shows it at 18093.

Ā 

I hope that they fixed the USB so that it doesn't re-index about every 3rd time that I restart the vehicle. Time will tell.