Official Release of V3.0 for SYNC3 Has Begun

I have a 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with Navigation that was updated to V3.0 in May 2018. Today when I checked the Ford owner site there was a new version of V3.0 for download. The one in may was JR3T-14G381-AM 3.0.13 this one is now 3.0.14. I downloaded it to USB and installed it in my Edge, it took only about 15 minutes to install. I don't know what it fixed or changed, nothing obvious but everything seems to work OK. Ford should get better at telling what revisions change or update. The general information in the Edge now shows it at 18093.

Ā 

I hope that they fixed the USB so that it doesn't re-index about every 3rd time that I restart the vehicle. Time will tell.

I updated to v3.0 in March 2018, and after seeing your post I logged on and it indicated that my Sync isn't up to date, so I went through the whole update and uploaded the xml log file, and it still says that my Sync isn't up to date.

post-44162-0-87904200-1536021178_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1004ron

I take back the noticing of improvements in voice recognition of Sync - it is still just as hit or miss with my voice as it always has been. I have to use android auto to get decent voice recognition.

Are you speaking slowly? I get better results if I speak a little faster than normal and in a normal voice (not louder).

Ā 

Also if youā€™re looking for a specific address sometimes itā€™s not in the database or itā€™s in a different city name which is a data issue not a voice issue.

I updated to v3.0 in March 2018, and after seeing your post I logged on and it indicated that my Sync isn't up to date, so I went through the whole update and uploaded the xml log file, and it still says that my Sync isn't up to date.

Ā 

I updated my Sync on Saturday and uploading the XML file didn't seem to register with the Ford Owner site. It would say it accepted the upload but then say that I still needed to confirm the install by uploading the XML file. I just logged into the Ford Owner site now and it says I'm up to date. Whatever the problem was, I think it was on the Ford web site and it's since been fixed.

Are you speaking slowly? I get better results if I speak a little faster than normal and in a normal voice (not louder).

Ā 

Also if youā€™re looking for a specific address sometimes itā€™s not in the database or itā€™s in a different city name which is a data issue not a voice issue.

Ā 

For the most part I don't use the built in nav for gps work, except when I leave my phone at home. As far as the other voice command functions I'll try speaking faster and see how that works. Dialing phone numbers (perhaps because that is what I use most) seems to be the most problematic for me.

Ā 

I updated my Sync on Saturday and uploading the XML file didn't seem to register with the Ford Owner site. It would say it accepted the upload but then say that I still needed to confirm the install by uploading the XML file. I just logged into the Ford Owner site now and it says I'm up to date. Whatever the problem was, I think it was on the Ford web site and it's since been fixed.

I've tried a number of times and get the same response.

Ā 

I guess that the Ver 3.0 that I used in March 2018 is the latest for my vehicle.

Ā 

I know they're not an IT company, but they could at least hire an IT professional to smarten up this side of things.

Ā 

On Sunday it took an hour to update my wife's 2015 Mustang from V 5.8 to V 5.11, with the engine running all that time.

post-44162-0-33540000-1536183097_thumb.jpg

post-44162-0-52074400-1536183098_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...