Sync APIM

Found one numbered #DS7-T14F239-CJ from a Ford Mondeo, manufacture date 9-25-15

Looks like its in Europe. Will it work or do I have to find an APIM from a US model vehicle? What all apims and screens are compatible? Trying to upgrade MFT on a 2015 Edge Titanium on a budget

Thanks

Edited by so_edgy_bro

I believe there is a TSB on the APIM/ MFT. I would take it to the dealership and let them tell me otherwise. If its covered then you're good. If not I can understand wanting to get it resolved as quickly and as economically as possible. Might be a great time to upgrade to SYNC 3 if the cost is not to prohibitive.

• Like 1

H2GT-14G370-FCD -- 2017 Edge

HB5T-14G370-FCD -- 2017 Explorer

HA1T-14G370-FBD -- 2017 MKX

these are some APIM's I found on the internet. From what I can see, it looks like they are Sync 3 with Nav. Does anyone know of a way to get a hard yes or no on confirming an APIM module by the number?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I do not have a clear concise answer. I'm not sure if you are aware, or not but upgrading to SYNC 3 is more involved than just swapping out the APIM.

Point your browser in this direction to get a list of parts and cost associated with the upgrade.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/22486-sync-3-installed-in-a-2012-limited/

You can use an APIM from any vehicle (make certain it is from a US car f you are in the US). EU APIMs will work, but not for Navigation.

The screens are the bigger issue. Make sure you get a version that fits in the edges recessed channel.

Screens from an Edge, Flex, Explorer, Taurus, F-250, F-350 will all fit the edge. Some lincoln model screens fit as well.

It doesnt matter where the APIM comes from, as it is a universal component that needs to be programmed to your vehicles specs.

• Like 1