Sync Version 3.7

I purchased my Edge new in 2015 and have done no sync updates.

My ford owners account indicates I have sync version 3.7. I read there might be a version 3.8?

If so, is there any reason to update to version 3.8?

Thanks

Where did you read that - any chance you could post a link?

Does the SYNCMYRIDE website that you have an update available? 3.8 is the latest version available for end user download and installation. 3.10 was a dealer-only install option. You can find the 3.10 online with some ninja-like google skills, however, there was no tangible benefit (for most users) to go above 3.8.

The Ford. Owners website indicates that my 3.7 version is the most recent. But I thought I read somewhere that on Sync 2/MFT, Ford. Owners will always indicate you have the most recent update regardless of what version you actually have.

I was concerned about updating to 3.8 ( I assume thru USB from a download thru a PC) that it may cause issues or not download correctly? Or is the 3.8 update thru USB fairly bullet proof?

I thought I read some post by some folks that downloaded the 3.8 version and now some aspect of MFT was not working like before??

Thanks

The usb updates via the ford website are fairly bulletproof. Most issues are usually the usb drive itself or how the files were copied over/extracted.

However, if the system doesn't think there is a newer version available then it won't let you download it. A dealer could force a 3.8 or 3.10 install but they'll charge you for it.

You can probably find the 3.8 files on the internet but you're doing that at your own risk.

I don't recall any 3.8 issues. I think I installed it on my Fusion way back in 2013 or 2014 and never had a problem until I traded it in a couple of months ago.

I don't think you really have 3.7. 3.8 was out years before your 2015 was built. Check your sync version in the vehicle. Should be 3.8 or 3.10.

If you do have 3.7 for some reason and you're not having any problems I would not try to upgrade unless you want Siri Eyes Free or some other 3.8+ only feature.