Help! Custom daytime running lights

So, I really don't love the look of the "triangle" lights on the bumper of the gen 2 edge. I'd rather have the straight style like on the gen 1 edge.

I'm thinking of blacking out the triangle lights, and fitting the gen 1 lights into the slots horizontally underneath the current triangle drl's. anyone have dimensions of those lights, so I can begin trying to sort out what lights I may be able to buy, and just swap out connectors and rewire?

st

Notice the horizontal slots underneath the current lights. They are just a plastic removable bezel, and I think I can most likely cut to fit something else in there.

even something as cheap as this may work

https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Universal-Daytime-Running-Lights/dp/B00HCSBQ7Y

anyone have dimensions or other thoughts?

Also, does anyone know the watts/amperage of the stock lights so I can get something that is a close match to factory

my secondary reasoning is because I'm in the process of building a cold air intake, and one of the best places to locate it seems to be exactly where the current DRL is located on the driver side. lots of room for me to build some tubing to get air directly into the air box.

Edited by Mikula

buy the SE base block off for the signature LEDs, as someone who owned a 2013 Edge, I can tell you, they will not fit in the slot. Someone on here actually put some DRLs in that spot already. I've actually photoshopped it also, in tons of different ways. I'd look into adding Morimoto MODPODS, that was my idea.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-accessories/daytime-running-lights/morimoto-mod-pod-mini-led-lights.html

• Like 1

buy the SE base block off for the signature LEDs, as someone who owned a 2013 Edge, I can tell you, they will not fit in the slot. Someone on here actually put some DRLs in that spot already. I've actually photoshopped it also, in tons of different ways. I'd look into adding Morimoto MODPODS, that was my idea.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-accessories/daytime-running-lights/morimoto-mod-pod-mini-led-lights.html

Those look great, but output would be pointing into other lanes of traffic. I'd prefer something not as bright, so it doesn't act as a fog light, or off road light, just more of a "here I am" light, similar to the OEM set-up, but less ugly (hopefully)

Those look great, but output would be pointing into other lanes of traffic. I'd prefer something not as bright, so it doesn't act as a fog light, or off road light, just more of a "here I am" light, similar to the OEM set-up, but less ugly (hopefully)

the whole purpose of the modpod LEDs is a DRL/switchback. Will not be blinding anybody

• Like 1

• 1 year later...