Waze via AppLink - is it working?

The heat is caused by the internal phone GPS refreshing it's signal. I notice when I place the phone on the shifter console the phone runs much warmer as the GPS needs to work much harder to keep a good signal. If sit the phone on the dash when using any routing app the phone tends to stay much cooler.

Candurin, just tried that and no luck. Should I seek a different sync 3 build?

The APIM was pre-programmed with everything my car has available, so I didnt program the as-built data to it (yet)would that make a difference? Alexa and Accuwether work fine in applink, just waze is hanging on waiting for device

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: WAZE WORKING ON SYNC 3 (MFT to Sync 3 Hardware Conversion) --- See below description:

Did you update SYNC 3 to version 3.0?

Candurin- Yes, 3.0.18093 installed properly. Thanks for your help, man! You're a great contributor on this forum.

Below is my most recent feedback email to Waze's Beta support team, describing my working Waze+Sync 3 combo:

"This morning, Waze worked for me on my commute without a problem. As it is currently a known issue, the app is a little laggy, processing at low frames per second on my Sync 3 system. Outside of the slight lag issue, the app worked perfectly on my Sync 3 AppLink system in my 2015 Ford Edge Titanium. The vehicle was not originally equipped with Sync 3 capable hardware, but I installed it myself. The current known settings and specifications for my working system are below:

Sync 3 version: Build 3.0.18093 (Vehicle has appropriate BuiltAs settings, which could have contributed to Waze working)
iOS version: 11.3.1
Waze version: 4.39 (beta)
Sync 3 settings:
- CarPlay: Disabled (not deleted)
- Mobile Apps: Enabled
- Mobile Apps via USB: Enabled
- Notifications permissions within Sync 3 Mobile Apps Settings: All enabled
- Waze set as default navigation: Enabled
iPhone Settings:
- Location settings: all enabled within iPhone settings (Waze set to ‘always’, will test later on ‘while using’)
- Waze access permissions: all enabled (notification preview settings allowed with/without phone unlocked)
- Background data: all enabled
- CarPlay settings: vehicle profile deleted - please test with and without your vehicle profile
- Bluetooth: enabled and connected to the vehicle for voice and media
Waze settings:
- All default as when first installed
- All permissions to access phone’s content enabled (contacts, location, calendar, microphone, etc.)
Other things to note:
- Sygic nav installed and confirmed working (Waze worked for the first time immediately after I installed and tested Sygic)
- Alexa installed and confirmed working, with Waze set to default maps within Alexa (may be another reason Waze began working properly)
Picture is blurry because I had to take it from my MacBook"
EDIT: Also, phone does not seem to get too hot, but I enabled low battery mode anyway. Phone remained nice and cool. However, with many reporting the phone to get extremely warm, I'd advise getting an AC Vent mount for the phone to keep it in front of the cool air flow and mitigate potential heat-damage.

post-50119-0-59033300-1527168000_thumb.jpg

Edited by so_edgy_bro
  • Like 1

Its my pleasure to help. Do you have any other USB devices connected at the same time?

I find that (at times) I have to make sure my phone is the only thing connected.

Hey Candurin. I have not had any other devices connected at all while operating Waze - I do need to test that.

• 4 months later...