Coolant Leaning onto AC Compressor

Olson_jr

Coolant leaking not leaning. I guess I should have had my coffee before posting!

2013 Edge 3.5L has what appears to be red sticky coolant leaking onto the AC Compressor and then dripping into my garage floor. The coolant bottle is down just an inch or so.

I am wondering and looking for a picture of what is located above the compressor that would leak externally?

post-31273-0-78641900-1524050790_thumb.jpg

Edited by Olson_jr

3.5 or 2.0?

The degas bottle/coolant reservoir would be the first bet since you have the OEM Orange coolant. Perhaps the cap is not holding pressure or perhaps there is a crack in the reservoir itself. Have not heard of the hoses leaking, but would check anyway as the hose runs from the reservoir to the radiator.

If it is possibly engine oil, you can check the VCT solenoids/valve cover, and also the engine oil pressure switch for leaks.

Unlikely to be power steering or transmission fluids, I think.

3.5 or 2.0?

The degas bottle/coolant reservoir would be the first bet since you have the OEM Orange coolant. Perhaps the cap is not holding pressure or perhaps there is a crack in the reservoir itself. Have not heard of the hoses leaking, but would check anyway as the hose runs from the reservoir to the radiator.

If it is possibly engine oil, you can check the VCT solenoids/valve cover, and also the engine oil pressure switch for leaks.

Unlikely to be power steering or transmission fluids, I think.

Sorry, it is a 3.5L engine.

Everything up above in the cooling system looks clean. I was wondering if a head gasket leak would end up in this area, or (after reading the forums this morning) if the water pump weep hole might be the issue.

Might have to invest in a small USB camera to have a look.

It is going into the dealer Monday for this and a bunch of other issues: Right axle Shaft leak, right inner tie rod sloppy, squeaky temp door actuators in the HVAC, possible right wheel bearing etc.

Could be water pump. coolant seeping from seep hole in that same area you are looking at. Check engine oil for foam/ moisture or overfill . Oil on dipstick would look foamy - nasty looking.

Could cause engine damage if you keep running engine, if it hasn't already. Lets hope not.

Larry

Northern,Indiana

• Like 1