2017 edge cargo removal

Does the cover roll into the main piece closest to the rear seats? my 2009 edge came with a garbage sheet of vinyl that was supposed to be a cargo cover. i never used it once since it was absolute junk. Is the cover for 2015+ better, nicer, more solid? It's impossible to actually see one anywhere.

The 2015+ Edge's cargo cover is like that of the MKC in the video above. Only it has a flap on the other side, between the main rod and the rear seats to cover the area immediately behind the rear seats while also allowing the rear seats to tilt back without hitting the main rod.

Compared to the older Edge's cover, it is a vast improvement, but it is bulky & long (wide when installed), you wouldn't want to remove it frequently.

Edited by omar302

thanks @akirby and @omar302 for your comments. i'm thinking of picking one up. i wasn't aware of this cover being so improved over the previous generation edge.

i'm wondering if maybe the MKC at a dealership would have them so i can have a look. i'm reluctant to order something that i might not like.

My '11 Limited didn't come with any type of cargo cover. Certainly not a retractable one like I had on my '92 and '98 Explorers! I installed an aftermarket retractable cover by Kaungka www.amazon.com/dp/B0145IN3X8?psc=1 and it really had been a nice surprise. Works great and looks great. I've been very pleased with it. It does require some drilling and anchoring into the side panels but for an actual working and retracting cargo cover (like there SHOULD HAVE BEEN on a car with a Limited Trim level) its been great.

• Like 2

@ben senise, why look at an MKC? The Edge can have it as a factory option part of the "Cargo Accessory Package". So you might find an Edge with it at a dealer.

thanks. i didn't realize that it was available as an option. i could probably even search inventory online so i don't have to drive around looking.

[edit to add: hah! my dealer has a few edges with cargo covers. going to drop in next time i pass by. thanks again for the suggestion @omar302. the reason i've never thought of looking at an edge is that i have never seen that cargo cover on any of the inventory in stock. but i guess that's also because i haven't really looked since i bought my '16 nearly two years ago.]

My '11 Limited didn't come with any type of cargo cover. Certainly not a retractable one like I had on my '92 and '98 Explorers! I installed an aftermarket retractable cover by Kaungka www.amazon.com/dp/B0145IN3X8?psc=1 and it really had been a nice surprise. Works great and looks great. I've been very pleased with it. It does require some drilling and anchoring into the side panels but for an actual working and retracting cargo cover (like there SHOULD HAVE BEEN on a car with a Limited Trim level) its been great.

thanks for that as well.

Edited by ben senise
  • Like 1

Sunrise Ford currently has the cargo cover (FT4Z-5845440-AB) for 2015-2018 for $114.23 with free shipping.

https://www.sunrisefordparts.com/Genuine-Ford-Part-Number-FT4Z-5845440-AB-p/ft4z-5845440-ab.htm

You may find it for less.

Shipping is $15-$30 (average is $25) depending on where you are located etc.

Edited by onyxbfly

Sunrise Ford currently has the cargo cover (FT4Z-5845440-AB) for 2015-2018 for $114.23 with free shipping.

thanks but i'm north of the 49th so i'd have to pay import fees.

i dropped by the dealer today and checked out a new edge with the cover. i liked it and ordered from the parts department.

this forum makes me spend money!

thanks all.

• Like 2