Button not working on IA Key

Well today as I was leaving work I attempted to remote start my car and noticed that the button didn't feel like it normally does as it didn't click like normal. Well I took the key apart and noticed one of the metal parts that attaches the button to the sensor for each key fell off its placement. I tried to super glue it back to the plastic but it didn't fix it. All the other buttons work and the remote start works with the other key. I ended up ordering this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012A3EWYY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1and I am anxious to see if it works. I know the internals work since I took the second key apart and put them in it and all worked well. Definitely an interesting fix if it works.

I will let y'all know when I get the part in.

• Like 1

Well the part came in the mail and it works just great. I would be slightly disappointed because the product did change slightly from the description, but since I had the original back cover and did what MACT did I feel it isn't a huge deal. The back that came with the new case didn't have an indention where you can place the Ford logo if you did want to take it off the old backing. It is completely smooth with no indentation. Everything else works wonderfully.

• Like 1