Gen 2 Rear Motor Mount Question

So I ordered the RMM from ultimate performance, and.. well.. I'm disappointed. Maybe I'm a perfectionist. Being a fabricator and welder has made look at things differently over the years.

The bends are not 90* (hard to tell in the photo, one is 4* over bent, the other side is 1* under bent) and the holes are not in line for the bolt to go through. From end of bracket to center of hole is .051" different on each side. Just not what I would have expected quality wise. Since the holes don't line up, it seems it will put things in a bind under load,which is the opposite of what I'm going for here.

My question is, has anyone else bought one that looks like this? I'm sending mine back regardless, as I expected better quality for that kind of cost. If this is a one off mistake, I'll have them send replacement, otherwise I'll be finding something else to put under there that is better.

rmm

• Like 1

Mine is better and it looks like you did get a bad one. They need to watch their quality control. I was told the durometer was a 73. On mine the holes are off by only a few thousand's but it should be with in tolerances, it could be better as well. Also the sides are not perfectly parallel, it is so little it is hard to see in the photos. The welds look good and the bushing is centered. It appears that the only problem is with the U bend and the holes for the bolt. I will give it a 95 out of 100 and will go ahead and install it. The flaws are too small to hurt anything.

post-46130-0-65489100-1524518241_thumb.jpg post-46130-0-01876000-1524518313_thumb.jpg post-46130-0-57832400-1524518348_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xtra

Mine is fine looks like you did get a bad one and they need to watch their quality control. I was told the durometer was a 73 and they would double check that and get back to me but never did. Perhaps it is off by only a few thousand's it shoutd be with in tolerances, it could be better as well.

attachicon.gifRMM.JPG attachicon.gifRMM-2.JPG attachicon.gifRMM-3.JPG

Maybe my eyes are crossed, it looks like your bolt/holes are not perpendicular either. the bolt sits at a slight angle. When I measured mine, they are almost 1/16" off. I would imagine he builds these in a jig, so I'm guessing the jig is off. amazing that he hasn't noticed.

From top of bracket, to top of hole, on each side should be identical. Mine are not.

Edited by Mikula

Yes mine is off but not as much as yours , I have changed my mind I am going to return it. The IC they fabricated is flawless and is a piece of art. Too bad about the RMM.

Actually, If you look at the product picture on their website, the bolt holes are off on that one as well...

When the 2nd one gets here, I'm probably just going to cut off the "U" shape and weld my own on there to solve the issue.

Looks a lot like the mount I have.

NVH went up quite a bit, mainly the V part. It did drop my 60ft down but it probably won't be used if I buy another Edge.

are you getting a lot of rattles in the interior from it? Its pretty simple to install, and I may just swap it on my way to the track if it causes too much discomfort in the cabin.

Makes the entire vehicle vibrate at idle. GT500R has the same one and says his doesn't do that. It was even worse on 21s. I didn't check as closely as you guys to see if the bolts were straight or not...

Did you get yours from the same guy? made by "darkstar"?

CPe makes one that's 100% higher quality.

SpecialK & I advertised our assessment of both when we initially installed the CPe but I guess that's what happens when well founded Info isn't considered.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/23572-rear-motor-mount-rmm-2016-edge-sport/

Note: highly recommend not ordering until we finalize the correct Duro since the 80 that comes standard has a high NVH (aka vibration).

We should have this issue resolved today (04/26/2018) by going to either a 70 or 60 Duro. Whichever reduces the NVH and accommodates 500+ hp...;-)

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

Just noticed that this thread is a another one on the same/original topic at:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/23572-rear-motor-mount-rmm-2016-edge-sport/

When people don't do their homework to identify if the topic already exists before starting a new topic we end up with valuable information spread throughout the forums making it hard for people to locate desired information.

This is why it is everyone's personal responsibility to practice topic discipline/control by doing their due diligence to identify if the topic thread exists.

If not we'll end up with a dumpster concept of Info, more so than we already have.

BTW, as I have done many times before...you can ask Admin to edit titles and you can also summarize & combine thread Info into one thread and request of Admin to delete duplicate topic threads as long as you substantiate your request... :hat_tip: :hat_tip: :hat_tip:

Edited by snmjim