Bumper and door sill protection

FORD makes one that fits there (FT4Z-17B807). How did you find that random aftermarket one you posted the link for and not come across this first?

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Ford-FT4Z-17B807-Bumper-Protector/dp/B00WGU6RWC

Hell I've missed it too. Was looking for one several months ago. My dog just loves to launch out of the back right from the paint!

• 3 weeks later...

I like the stock one but it looks like it leaves a 1/4 to 1/2 an inch exposed which looking at a friend's of mines seems to be where the most damage is.

That’s correct. I have this exact one and when installing you have to determine ahead of time what area you want protected. I chose the outer ‘Edge” (pun intended) of the bumper. With three oblivious teenagers loading/unloading the car I figured outside damage would be more likely

i have the OEM one from ford on my 2016 and it is not good. it is extremely thin (a vinyl sticker) and doesn't cover the top edge of the bumper. I would not recommend it.

I had one on my 2009 edge and it was much thicker, made of rubber, and covered the edge of the bumper.

[edit to add] i just looked at the one in the link that onyxbfly posted. that looks much better.

as far as the stuff in the OP's link goes, i think they must have used an edge from a different market than n. america. they show a spare tire protector that goes under the car. dunno 'bout the others here but my spare is inside the car. same goes for a few other pieces that just don't look anything like my 2016.

Edited by ben senise