2017 Edge Terrible GPS Performance

I previously owned a 2011 Edge with My Ford Touch but without Nav. I liked MFT and never had a problem with the system or the Garmin GPS I used. Last year, I thought I would treat myself to a new 2017 Edge with Sync3 and Nav. I am amazed at how poor the GPS is on the new Edge. On a recent road trip, I became so frustrated with the built-in system that I came home and installed my old Garmin Nav. My wife laughed at my repeated attempts to get the wording "just right" so that the system gave some limited answers to what I was seeking. Most times, after trying "navigation" "find a POI" "search where?" "nearby" "in a different state" ect. I gave up and had to "CANCEL" I can't understand how this system is an improvement. My wife and I had a laugh as the Ford GPS showed us going cross-country as we navigated the Interstate in Louisville. My Garmin gets updates for free and has never lost track of the the roads or poi's. Luckily, it is easy to use Google Maps on my phone and play the instructions through bluetooth. I am still plugging in my old Garmin for map display--just as I did in 2011. When will Ford get it right? I know a lot of owners are using Android Auto or Google Play but I am not a data user.

There's chatter about GPS wandering & failing in the F150 forum. Known problem, dealer replaced the APIM module. Could also be related to the system not understanding your voice commands.

Next time you see the map showing the GPS to be way off, look at the screen to see if you see the GPS icon. If not, the system has lost all GPS and showing false data.

https://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123694

• Like 1