Engine/Transmission longevity with LMS?

khayman5

Just wanted to see what people were thinking about reliability and I guess life expectancy with running the LMS tune, more specifically the 93 aggressive? I've got a 2018 that I just started running the 91 aggressive tune on but I guess I'm a little apprehensive about jumping to 93. I'm afraid I'll like it too much and never switch back to anything lower and will the engine and tranny hold up to that extra power for 4-5 years? I don't drag race or beat on my vehicle daily, I mostly just kick it in the pants now and then after I'm already rolling.

Do you guys running 93 aggressive just leave it on that map most of the time or just once in a while, at the track, etc.?

Adding a tune to your vehicle automatically puts it in the Severe Service or Special Operating Conditions category. If you maintain according to that schedule, longevity should not be much affected. If you tend to put off repairs, extend oil change intervals, AND expect to keep your vehicle for a good length of time, a tune is NOT for you. Speaking generally of course :)

But yeah, step up the maintenance, use quality fluids (oil/gas/etc), and you should be fine.

There is a user on this forum who was tuned for 50k mi. The car is fine. I got about 17k on my tuned out of 20 and I daily 93 be short shift and kick it up to race tune at the track. LMS is solid on their reliability. I would suggest getting a thermostat and the corresponding LMS tune for it.

• Like 1

There is a user on this forum who was tuned for 50k mi. The car is fine. I got about 17k on my tuned out of 20 and I daily 93 be short shift and kick it up to race tune at the track. LMS is solid on their reliability. I would suggest getting a thermostat and the corresponding LMS tune for it.

I've read some on thermostats but saw there was some debate about them, which temp one to use and such. I assume you have one installed?

I am running an LMS purchased 160 along with their tune adjustment for it.

The basic result is the ability to run consistent, no cool down required.

Before I would lose 2 tenths per run even with a 45 minute break.

Now I can go run after run and get faster to boot.

• Like 2

I am running an LMS purchased 160 along with their tune adjustment for it.

The basic result is the ability to run consistent, no cool down required.

Before I would lose 2 tenths per run even with a 45 minute break.

Now I can go run after run and get faster to boot.

How difficult was the thermostat install? I saw their video for installing one but it was for a Focus not an edge and you can see the video is sped way up. Was it a pain to reach and change out, any special tools?

I do not have a edge 2.7 but they tuned my f-150 3.5 at 300 miles and I had 93 stg 3 and a meth tune. I run meth all the time and am at 158,000 no issues. My friend does run the 93 in his edge and has 83,000 with no issues. He goes to track days every now and again and sounds like he drive like you. LMS is know for the longevity they provide with tunes so I think you will be ok.