2.0 LMS e30 tune

Snox801

Update on e30 tune. I headed out to CO from Michigan this week for work. Was able to run the e30 tune all the way to CO where the 91 oct started. I then found a 100 oct pump to blend with. Pricey but it worked. Tune is very stable I mixed the same ratio the whole way out. Was running at very high speeds for most of the trip. As the speed limit is 75 and traffic passes you like a snail at that speed. So it was hours of very hard running up the mountains.

I was also able to really push it hard up piles peak and through some of the mountain passes.

As a side not took some very cool roads while out in CO

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So just an update on the e30 tune. Ive now been running the e30 tune only for about 16,000 miles. I pushed it into the triple digits for over an hour and was also running over 85 mph across the plains for almost a full day. Only had to flash back to stock once when I got stuck with only 91 octane. Once back towards home Ive been only e30. I had them build it off 5gallons then top off the tank with 93 so its not a true e30. But it makes it super easy to mix without being empty. So easy my wife has been doing it for the last two months on her own. She just fills it when its at Any of the 1/4 hashes so it can be divided easy. 1/4 tank left 3.75 gallons e85 then top off. Its been very good and really make the car fu. To drive.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

hello guys,

requested a dyno charts for tunes from livernois and got this reply:

Ā 

"The system is down for now but the gains on the 3.5 NA explorer are around 31whp and 44wtq on 93 octane
| For the edge 2.0 gets 46whp and 77wtq on 93"

Ā 

Why would they give me numbers for 93 octane if it is practically not available (at least in the area around my place)?

Ā 

I asked about gain on regular fuel:

Ā 

"Ecoboost vehicles should be ran on 91 at least from the factory, they only say you can use 87 because they dont want to scare away sales, but 91 is about 7-10 hp short of the 93 tune"

Ā 

Ā 

So, my guess, if I use regular gas then I should not expect any gain from the tune!

• Like 1

So they are correct. The reason they give 93 is thats the most common fuel for most east of the Rockies. So it makes sense to post that over say 91 or guys like me would be asking what we could gain with 93. You can deduce that your numbers will be slightly less.

Second they are 100 percent correct with the 87 oct. what allows them to run 87 is the advanced knock sensors that pull timing and boost when the sense knock. The fact that the ecoboost will make more power on 93 in stock trim tells us that when running 87 they are constantly pulling timing and boost while running 87. So you have no more power to acces with 87 tune or no tune. Any tuner that will give you an 87 performance should be avoided as they are moving some safety parameters to let your vehical make more power without pulling power. It will work for a while but eventually the knock that is not being handled by pulling timing and boost will break the piston.

Its also very common practice of some companies trying to squeeze to much out of a 93 tune. Check out ssi tuning, they ya e all the fastest stuff on 93. Heck the 93 tune puts faster times than my full bolt on meth injection. But they also leave a trial of oil and engines behind them. Its just a matter of time before they pop.

Thats pretty impressive. And yes I should t say they have no hp to gain on 87 but it sometimes never shows. Like the 87 tow tune. They do adjust the mapping a bit but most of it comes from top in and throttle position. So it does feels better. Im not sure I gained anything for hp with my 87 tow but shift points and tip in. They did not reccomend running it on 87 because even the Manuel reccomend 93 when towing. I have run the 87 tow tune but still ran 87. I did it for safety when I thought the gas I was getting would not be up to par