2019 Edge ST Update

blitz118

Are those the standard (obviously blacked out) 20" rims or the 21"? It's been hard to find decent pics/info about the options and apparently Ford's not in any hurry to release the thing since their website doesn't allow config yet. Kind of curious what the eventual performance brake package will include and if it's worth waiting for.

Those are the optional 21s. The standard wheels have a machined aluminum outline on the spokes.

From the order guide the brake package includes:

 21” Premium Gloss Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels
 18” Front and Rear Vented Disc Brake Rotors
 Brake Calipers – Painted Colorado Red
 Brushless Radiator Cooling Fan
 Performance Brake Pads
 Summer Only Tires
 Vented Brake Shields

• Like 1

Thank you for the info! Was hoping to get the black rims without the summer only tires... bummer. Not sure if the rest would be worth it for a daily driver of this nature (long term cost per benefit) but I did like the looks of the darker rims on the new performance blue color.

Just saw other posts where you can get just the rims without the package but guessing that swaps tires too. Might just look for aftermarket 20's instead... depends on the look of the stock 20s I guess.

Edited by MrHappy

Not a problem with the 401A package so that's good to know, thank you. Do you know the exact tire size/dimensions for the 21s? Curious as to what options there really are out there. Would also like to see the ST with the 20" rims (smaller version of what's on her sport now). The pics I've seen all have the blacked out 21s.

Edited by MrHappy

The Pirelli Scorpions are pretty much the only choices for an all season tire (at least from the major brands). The OEM Verdes or the Zero All Season Plus - $210 - $230 each. There are several more high performance summer tires but they're summer only and really expensive.

They're not bad tires but ours got really noisy and I had to replace them at 22K.

Just joined this forum. Very interested in the Edge ST. I've been following all the websites and photo galleries since the ST was announced back in January. Nowhere can I fine a photo of the standard 20 inch wheels. Does anyone have or know where I can get a photo of these? I was already to buy the Sport until I saw the ST at the New York Auto show. Thanks.

Thanks for the wheel options pdf. Very disappointed with the standard 20inch ST rims. Looks like they've been in an accident and the spokes got twisted. Will reserve final judgment when I can see them in person. Thanks again.

Agreed, these look terrible. The 20" on the titanium elite look much better...wonder how easily you could get these traded out.

Pirelli Scorpions are decent tires. Not great but decent.....

Agreed though the Yokohama's we replaced them with on our Sport have been much better.

Definitely agree with the posts above, re: the ST standard wheels. Will wait and have to see them in person I guess because from the pics, ugh.