2019 Edge ST Update

blitz118

Concerned, they will be hit with an import tariff if the US and Canada can't reach a deal!'

As I understand the preliminary reporting on the skimpy details of the USA / Mexico trade agreement, and if the negotiated terms become the same with Canada, there will little to no difference as it was under NAFTA.

I posted a picture of the 2019 Edge ST standard 20 inch wheels in the image gallery. Tried to paste it here but couldn't figure out how. If you go to the image gallery look in the recent pictures category. Anyway they look a lot better than I first thought. A nice compromise between the all black high gloss wheels and completely bright machined wheels. There are actually on an Ford "Endura" which is the same as the Edge in Australia.

2019 Edge ST 20 inch Wheels

I posted a picture of the 2019 Edge ST standard 20 inch wheels in the image gallery. Tried to paste it here but couldn't figure out how. If you go to the image gallery look in the recent pictures category. Anyway they look a lot better than I first thought. A nice compromise between the all black high gloss wheels and completely bright machined wheels. There are actually on an Ford "Endura" which is the same as the Edge in Australia.

Below is the video with the wheel in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23ErWYKSDvQ

Edited by blitz118

Thanks for the post, great determination on your part!! I'm still not sure that I like the wheels compared to the 21"? I guess like we stated before we'll just have to wait till they arrive at the dealers. Me personally, I don't like the twisted off centre look of them. Would prefer an evenly balanced look.

Thanks for the post, great determination on your part!! I'm still not sure that I like the wheels compared to the 21"? I guess like we stated before we'll just have to wait till they arrive at the dealers. Me personally, I don't like the twisted off centre look of them. Would prefer an evenly balanced look.

They're the standard wheels for the ST at no cost. The standard wheels rarely look better than the premium wheels. The gloss black 21s will probably be a $995 option, and that is a reasonable price to pay for them.

A dealer in NY has one arriving at the end of the month. You can also see the window sticker from the below link.

http://www.drivedanaford.com/new-vehicles/edge/#action=im_ajax_call&perform=get_results&year%5B%5D=2019&page=1

I doubt they will have it by then. It hasn't even been built yet. In fact when I checked the other day nothing above vin 350 or so had been done.

Edited by jmr061
  • Like 1

If the VINs are not above 350 yet, theyre still likely in proveout phases and none have been made for the masses yet.

Being closest to the assembly plant does not give Canada priority. What usually dictates priority is dealer volume and customer demand.

Edited by dolsen