inside headlight issue.....?? what can i do?

Ooo that looks fun. You can't open the headlight in any way to get to it. But might be able to get a coat hanger in through the access in the back to pull that ring back up out of the way. I can promise you it is a tedious thing to do. I had to get my turn signal bulb out from inside the headlight on my old fusion. I used two coat hangers.

You might be able to tip the headlight backwards/upside down once off the car and shake/jarr it to get the ring to fall back into place. I believe that is just a shroud to keep the light inside of the projector housing.

Edited by tmarsh

Looks like a retainer to hold the bulb assembly in alignment. Perhaps may have been knocked loose during bulb replacement. (Or its a manufacturing defect).

It will probably take a assembly replacement, but because of the cost, I'd try a fix first.

If it were me, I'd drill a small hole in the top or bottom of the front assembly (out of the optical path) and use a piece of coat hanger (perhaps put a 90°bend at the end, 3/16" long) and work the ring back into position. Then seal the hole with clear sylicone.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the exact same issue with the passenger side headlight on my 2013 Ford Edge Limited. Curious if there is any way to fix without having to buy a whole new headlight assembly? Also, does anyone know if you have to remove the whole front bumper in order to remove the headlight assembly?