If anyone is looking for more light in the cargo area, here is an easy/cheap mod for you.

I do a lot of stuff out of the back of the Edge (camping, tailgating, work, loading and unloading) and it was way too dark back there. That one light on the side doesn't cut it for me.

Also, because I had spare lights, I put lights on the bottom of the bumper to light up my hitch receiver. Because for some reason I am always hooking up and unhooking a trailer in the dark it seems like.

Parts I used-

these are on each side of the trunk and hitch receiver. https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-wired-bolts/miniature-led-license-plate-bolt/1685/

These are in the lift gate. https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-wired-bolts/bolt-beam-12mm-led-light/1494/

I wired these directly into the existing light in the cargo area, so they turn on and off when a door/liftgate is opened. You could also utilize the 12v powerpoint in the cargo area, and mount a switch back there somewhere to turn them on and off manually.

Pictures- sorry that they are sideways.

post-48769-0-28105000-1532299814_thumb.jpg

post-48769-0-54924100-1532299835_thumb.jpg

post-48769-0-67976400-1532299854_thumb.jpg

post-48769-0-00205100-1532299874_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Did you have to remove that right panel that surrounds the original light? How did you remove it? Looks good by the way. One light is too dark and then you put something in front of it and you have no light when the hatch opens. Thanks

I did, but you might not have to. The light may pop out with a screwdriver but Im not sure.

To get the panel off, remove the cargo area floor and right side styrofoam storage bin if you have that. Pull off the weather stripping along the right side and bottom of the lift gate jam. Remove the long plastic trim piece surrounding the lift gate latch, it pulls straight up. Then the corner panel, pull it out enough to reach the light.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...