Bad Wheel Bearing?

Decojuicer

For about a week, my 2010 Edge has been making a fast clunking noise when I turn the wheel left. And kind of a metal on metal noise when Im driving. I put it up on the jack and the wheel has a ridiculous (dangerous) amount of play. The tie rod ends arent moving, and neither are the ball joints. I replace the wheel bearing last year, when I put the new engine in. Also, my brakes have been really soft.

Heres a link to video that I took of the hub.

Let me know what you think.

No. In fact, last year when I replaced the engine, I ended up having to replace that wheel bearing. It wasnt bad, but I need to replace one of the lug studs, and to do that you have to press the hub out. The shop that sold me the part is a local place, and they pushed me to buy the $60 bearing because it had a 5 year warranty. When I took it back to them yesterday because I didnt have my receipt. Even though they entered my name and number into the computer for warranty purposes when I bought it. The shop that pressed it in for me is a local place too. They said that all of that stores records are computerized, and that it sounds like they just dont want to take responsibility for their crap product.

• Like 2

Horrible customer service! I actually enjoy spending money within my community and support local businesses. Granted you can save money by shopping online. Makes me scratch my head when local business say they cant compete with ID companies and vendors. Keep doing crap like that and they will put them selves out of business!

• Like 1

I ended up picking up a new hub and bearing from a local Auto Zone. I would rather buy from a local business, but not if theyre not going to stand behind their products. Ive actually been picking up a lot of the parts that I need for other things from a local salvage yard. I wouldnt use those parts for steering, suspension, or brakes, but I got a driveshaft, exhaust, and cooling fan all for well under $100. The windshield is next. Thats only $35.

• Like 2