H&R Springs

Still looking for opinions on the H&R spring replacement. I would like to improve handling of course, but NOT at the expense of the "cushy" OEM ride. Any opinions?

Increasing the handling is more than just replacing the springs...You need to also think about the shocks. The current shocks were designed to "travel" a certain distance hence offering you the best dampening possible. By replacing the springs, you are reducing the ride heigh and you are also "compressing" the shock since it is no longer expanding to it's intended lenght. It is now 1.5-1.75" (depending on the spings) "shorter"..It does not sound like much, but it makes a difference.

Have you ever seen cars that have been lowered "bouncing" around on the road..? well, this is exactly what happens when the springs are replaced and the shocks are not. You will always need to "match" the shock to the spring. If performance is what you need, then this is a MUST.

I do not know about the stock shocks and the effect that it has with lowered springs. Perhaps someone else who has done this already can comment..

On the other hand, what I have seen on aftermarket springs (H&R and Eibach), it is not clear if these are "specific rate" or "progressive rate" springs. Something that perhaps someone else who has looked into this can comment.

A larger swaybar also helps with the handling improvement in the car. Both Front and Rear swaybars. You will need to look into a thicker swaybay (I believe at time H&R has one available for the Edge) since the stronger bar will help minimize body roll.

Needless to say, lowering the car also improves the look or the vehicle.

Good luck..