DIY video for changing the thermostat?

veener79

Looks like if I want to have my 2018 tuned I have to change out the thermostat to 170deg from the OEM. From reading it looks like a real pain as you have to remove the motor mount. I am a very visual learning I like to watch videos before I do a DIY. Having never worked on the Ecoboost motors yet I want to learn. When trying to search for a DIY video all I come up with how to do it on a F150's. Does anyone know a good video for how to do it on the Edge or other model that needs the same steps as the Edge?

Thank you,

Correct you dont need it but it is reccomended. I know more people running tunes without tstat than with. I personally have them in all mine but all my friends do not. It is not needed just a prefrence. Also Ive never run into one that was hard just look it over good before you start. Very easy swap

• 6 months later...

I am thinking weather or not to put in the lms recommended tstat over the stock one. From what I read it helps prolong life of engine parts while freeing up power on a tune. I would love it if I didn’t have to use the tstat and just keep the stock. Looks like a hassle. But I would also like to prolong the life of the car if it helps. Has anyone had problems after installing the aftermarket Tstat?