Invatation: please join me in the 1/4 mile 12 second drag racing club

Earlier this year we had 3 vehicles from different tuners in the 12 second quarter mile drag racing club. Right now we are down to 1 and I already have a replacement vehicle.

It would be really nice to see a few more Edges running 12s before I give up my keys in January.

See drag times for current record listing.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford--Edge-Drag-Racing.html

List of my mods: Livernois V3 tune, KN drop in filter, LMS 160 tstat, HR springs, 20" light weight wheels with 245 x4 summer tires.

As you can see, nothing extreme. Hope to see you in the 12s this year!

Edited by 037
  • Like 1

Wouldn't a FWD 3.5 TiVCT edge theoretically be faster due to the weight savings and added power due to lack of rotational power loss of an AWD system?

Large power deficit compared to the 2.7 and the AWD grip for launch MORE than compensates for the parasitic losses of the AWD drivetrain

I would like to join the the 12 sec. club.But first I have to get an Edge, I have a Edge ST ordered but like everyone else we are waiting for ford to build it.I'm going to start buying some performance parts very soon. I intend to get either a magna flow cat back or borla cat back which ever I can get the best deal on. Most vendors have internet sales on the holidays so for labor day I will get the exhaust and also the AFE intercooler w/hot and cold pipes.Livernois tunes looks very good but will go with a dyno tune at Crucial performance in Columbus,Oh. I will also look at air intakes & performance filters,thermostats,and Rear motor mount, then some testing to see what else it need to get into the 12's.One thing I have going for me is I go to Florida january to april and stay 8 miles from Bradington drag strip.

• Like 1

Eddie if you are that close I. Columbus why not just drive up to LMS and have them dyno tune it. You are close than I am and I do that. Also to be honest Ive never gained very much from the lms tune to my lms dyno tune. They have them pretty good from the get go. I think I gained 6whp with my RS. I love only 5min from Baker engineering but for me its worth the 3 hour drive to get one of the leaders in ecoboost tuning. Id do the same for mpt or tune plus if I was that close. Just a thought. Also someone get one of these on meth or an e30 tune from livernois. I have a feeling with either you shave a full 1/2 sec off. Every time Ive done e30 or meth its shocking how much is gained on these boosts.

I have been reading this thread and looking at a bunch of edge drag racing videos and a couple of things that come to mind.!1st let me say that I have been drag racing since 1960 but alot of this turbo stuff is new to me but I'm learning little by little. I read some guys saying that wheel hop is a problem for the Edge at the starting line. The rear suspension uses a coil springs.Many cars in the sixties had the same problem with wheel hop and the were able stop the problem with air bags inside the coils. A friend had a 62 pontiac and he cured the hop by putting 5-10 lbs of air in each bag. 2nd there seams that the stock intercooler is not efficent enough to keep the computer from pulling timing & boost slowing MPH the last 4-5 seconds. The cure would be to replace the stock intercooler and piping with the most efficent one available and a 160 thermostat. I may not be telling you guys anything new but just thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth.Of course I could be a wrong!

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier this year we had 3 vehicles from different tuners in the 12 second quarter mile drag racing club. Right now we are down to 1 and I already have a replacement vehicle.

It would be really nice to see a few more Edges running 12s before I give up my keys in January.

See drag times for current record listing.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford--Edge-Drag-Racing.html

List of my mods: Livernois V3 tune, KN drop in filter, LMS 160 tstat, HR springs, 20" light weight wheels with 245 x4 summer tires.

As you can see, nothing extreme. Hope to see you in the 12s this year!

You should really add DA to these records in your signature and posts. Guys in Texas don't get the luxury of having -1000 DA for their 1/4 mile runs like us up in the Northeast.

Nothing extreme... true, but a DA swing in the +1300 range and your 12 second Edge just turned into a mid 13 second Edge overnight.

It was a hot day around 100* and traction was a problem. The heat made for thin air and the track was hot and greasy. You can here my tires fighting for grip in 4th gear in the M4 clip. I will not give my times but I was able to outrun a Shelby GT350 a M4 BMW and a Camaro SS . Lets just say I was in the 12's.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3