Send an address from the phone to Sync 3

Is it possible to send an address from the phone to Sync 3 without connecting the phone to USB?

it's weird that the app requires to be connected to USB in order to transfer the address, since the phone already connected through Bluetooth. I own also a Merc c300 where I can use their app and send the address to the car's gps without typing it. Why Ford would require usb cable connection? Or I am doing something wrong?

I push the button, say “destination street address.......123 Main Street anytown.... and it’s done. Not sure why it would be slower for you unless you’re speaking slower, but it works better when you speak normally or even slightly faster. Make sure prompts are in advanced mode so they’re shorter.

The problem with doing it from another app is just getting the apis to talk to each other and then having to continually test those apis each time the app or sync 3 changes. It’s doable but a lot of effort to keep it up for not much benefit over voice control.

They tried this with MFT and mapquest and it never worked right.

If your phone is connected by bluetooth and you allow it to download the address book, then you select phone on the Sync3 display and you can then look up a contact and set a destination to it's address.

Added: When you get to the contact that you want then press on the address for that contact and it should then allow you to set it as a destination.

Edited by FordGuy1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sync2 MFT use to have it built-in like Sync3 using your contacts as I stated above, but since it had a problem with not working if anything was in the contact's country space Ford deleted it completely in a newer revision of the software rather than fix it. That's why we can't expect much out of Ford since their software people couldn't fix that simply problem. So they removed the feature.