E30 setups?

veener79

Today at work with it being a holiday on Monday is slow. So got thinking about E30. Only issue is around my house I do not have anything for E85. From work I have a station about 2 miles down the road. Not finding much on the Edge and E30 but the Focus forms there is a lot of reading.

Just wondering have many of you tried running E30? If so are you running anything that shows how good your fuel mix is? Seeing the RS guys running a flex-fuel sensor and gauge. Not sure is there is a setup like this that will fit the Edge. I am going to keep reading up. Thought I would ask to see what we have done.

Today at work with it being a holiday on Monday is slow. So got thinking about E30. Only issue is around my house I do not have anything for E85. From work I have a station about 2 miles down the road. Not finding much on the Edge and E30 but the Focus forms there is a lot of reading.

Just wondering have many of you tried running E30? If so are you running anything that shows how good your fuel mix is? Seeing the RS guys running a flex-fuel sensor and gauge. Not sure is there is a setup like this that will fit the Edge. I am going to keep reading up. Thought I would ask to see what we have done.

Ran E15, E30, E50 in the Edge.

No external modifications needed such as sensors or gauges. Stock is not recommended to go over E15, if you are tuned there is a tune for it.

• Like 1

I have been on e30 in my edge for 26,000 miles now and only switched back to the stock tune once.

The sensor and e gauge the RS guys run is not needed. I have my RS running full flex fuel with the addition of injectors and hpfp. So the stock fuel system can not keep up with the flow rate needed for true flex fuel so we are limited to e30. That means the e30 tune I have also doesnt need a gauge to know the content of e because its still a flex fuel car on anything under the limit of the fuel system.

Take a look at Livernois vehicals that run this setup a lot no issues. Go to the 2.0l edge thread and I have written a review on my e30 tune from them. I have ran my for two hours at over 100mph. So on mine I based my fill ratio on 5 gallons of e85 so every 1/4 tank is 1.25 gallons e85. So easy my wife has been doing it since June by herself no issues. The guys running the gauge are the same guys that wanna data log every time they go out if you tuned right from the get go your ecu will make any of the little adjustments needed. The other reason would to be to make sure you are at your max e content without loosing rail pressure for going with to much e.

Now if running a 2.7 edge which I assume you are. You could run the same setup I have on my rs. Livernois hpfp and a set of injectors. Cost will be around 3g but will leave you with full flex fuel capabilities. Ive been running straight e85 since I had my big turbo and long block done. That setup is expensive but really works well.

• Like 2