Official SYNC2 v3.10 update now available at Ford website!

Agima

Just a note that Ford has finally made available to customers a direct download to the official Ford Sync 2 MyFord Touch software update at http://owner.ford.com.

No need to download the functionnal but tweaked russian version anymore! ;)

I had the v3.8 version and I updated without any problems. It took about 22 minutes to do. Please note that when the installation finished, a report is stating the the 3.7 version have been succesfully installed. This is a typo, looking in the setting menu, it's really the 3.10 version.

I didn't had time to test the newer version yet so I can't tell much about it.

Edited by Agima

Are you guys formatting the flash drive to exfat? My SanDisk extreme flash drive isn't even being recognized to start the update. What's the trick to get it going, just the basics. Plug and wait did not work.

Does it tell you that it's in progress?

Use FAT32 only.

There are multiple progress bars with 2 or 3 reboots.

• Like 1

Just did the update last night, it is indeed 3.1.xxx. I did take awhile to update as well, but I don't see any changes in functionality or otherwise TBH. Only time will I guess?

Taken from the download page:

EA5T-14D544-BA

ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch® systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional changes to accommodate new and updated customer devices, such as:

• Hazard switch illuminates on Focus / Escape with ignition off and park lamps on
  • Next Track / Previous Track controls from SYNC touchscreen
  • SYNC Maintaining Repeat / Shuffle settings that were set on the device side
  • Compatibility updates for the latest phone and media devices

The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete.

Be sure to keep your engine running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC® system.

If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.)

Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid shutting off the engine. The next time you start your vehicle, the AEIS will automatically reset to "On."

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC® will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal. Once your system has been successfully updated, SYNC® will display a notification stating "Installation complete."

Edited by Agima
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been able to successfully do this yet. After finding a FAT32 USB drive, I have attempted multiple tries to download this update to no avail. The downloading process won't even begin on my Firefox browser (it just spins) and when I use my Edge browser it looks like it works, but eventually gives me the message that the file won't download. There ends up being a zipped folder on my desktop that is empty. Tried it multiple times.

What's even more frustrating is the first thing Ford's instruction page tells you (after it let's you know you have an update to download) is to do a Vehicle Health Report. It even states why that is so important, but they've discontinued their service. How is it that I know that, but the person in charge of web content for Ford doesn't know that.

I just gave up and no longer care. I've gotten the black screen of death more in the last year than I ever have in the seven years I've owned this car. I'm sure my APIM is about to die.

Ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have successfully downloaded and installed V3.10 but now have a question. Will this update work with an iPhone 7+ or 8+? I have a 2012 Edge Sport and need a new phone but would like to get a phone that would be compatible with Sync2. The LG I now have works well, text, phone, caller ID and such but the phone is on death's door and needs to be replaced. 

2 hours ago, lazyace said:

I have successfully downloaded and installed V3.10 but now have a question. Will this update work with an iPhone 7+ or 8+? I have a 2012 Edge Sport and need a new phone but would like to get a phone that would be compatible with Sync2. The LG I now have works well, text, phone, caller ID and such but the phone is on death's door and needs to be replaced. 

Yes. It should work.

In the past I've been successful in downloading and installing the update for 3.07 and 3.08 for my non-nav Sync software. I am a Tech Support for primarily Macintosh platform, so I understand the difference with Fat32 formatting as opposed to Extended Macintosh etc.

I recall when I was successful with previous Sync updates, I used the Fat32 format and utilized the process outlined on the Ford site, Now though having attempted to update to the latest 3.10 update using the well documented and visual presented steps on the Ford site, I can say I'm stumped.

I've tried using 3 different USB "jump" drives, a SanDisk 16GB, a Kingston 32 GB and an 8GB Kingston Datatraveler all formatted in Fat32. All formatted on a Windows computer first before mounting the drive on the Macintosh desktop and placing the downloaded .zip file onto the . Then using Stuffit Expander. Using Stuffit Expander is the way to go for certain it seems. At least on the Macintosh platform, since the Unzip app provided by Mac seems to mash and create way too many files in the folder that Sync expects to see. But, what is odd, with each of the 3 USB drives I obtain the same error.

The screen in my Edge will identify, then autoMAGICally begin the update prompting me to NOT DRIVE etc... with an OK to proceed. After that the progress bar along the bottom chugs along installing up to 5 of 6 and haunts for a period. It then quickly flashes to the end, and seems to complete but I never see the 6 of 6.

The screen goes dark for a period, flashes, and then comes alive again with the statement Waiting for the . The next statement is that there is a problem the USB drive and I should contact Technical support for Sync or something like that.

Like I said I've tried more than a few times with each  and I obtain the same message. I've even tried the upper or the lower USB port in the console to no avail. I give up.

USB drive

Now what's really interesting is that about a month ago, OEM battery crapped itself. I purchased a new one and installed it. After this I notice my contacts for my phonebook and quick dial had been deleted. I then reset the Sync system while my iPhone 6 with iOS 12.1 installed was connected with the USB cable.

Sync Idd my phone and proceeded to update Contacts (including images I have for each).

A few days later I was driving, and the Sync system started presenting me ON the main screen and the cluster a message to LISTEN or Ignore the text messages I receive. It reads them in the Sync voice. HOW cool is that!? But why this never did this for me before. Almost like a new feature, and all this before I updated to the latest 3.10 Sync!

In fact, if in PARK, Sync offers me an option to view, presented on the main screen and even select reply or next text in tread etc. This is awesome and I really am quite satisfied with this Sync system now. Up until now, all it would offer me it to hold the steering wheel button, invoke Siri, and have her read to me. It worked, but lacklustre compared to some of my friends with an Android phone with Sync.

If I get up the energy to "play" further with this Sync system, I may attempt 3.10 again sometime. But for now. I think I may leave well enough alone.

IF anyone has an idea to reset the Calendar so when I touch Goto Today, it doesn't jump to 2010 that'd be helpful. Yes, I will try pointing the front of the Edge south disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes, and the reconnecting battery entering the car, turn the ignition on, select Calendar and Goto Today confirming the date etc. I haven't tried this technic yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/26/2018 at 6:07 PM, Liptoss said:

The next statement is that there is a problem the USB drive and I should contact Technical support for Sync or something like that.

Like I said I've tried more than a few times with each  and I obtain the same message. I've even tried the upper or the lower USB port in the console to no avail. I give up.

USB drive.

Liptoss, I have had the same error message. I tried about six times with 3 different usb drives. What I found out, after much searching and frustration is that the Ford website's instructions for updating tell you to not unzip the files before putting on usb. Then they show to unzip or copy and paste the files with Windows Explorer and show an image with the contents unzipped AND the zipped file on the usb. What they do not tell in the instructions is to DELETE the zip file from the usb, then do the update in your car. This finally updated the software to 3.1 without the error message.

I know you were using a Mac, but maybe they showed the same image with all the files and the zip file. This was what was causing my usb error message. Hope it helps.

David.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 11:22 AM, Iampetercraig said:

2013 Edge del.

Performed update to sync and it erased my navigation software.

Anyone else experience this? Any resolution?

Thanks

Peter

Looks like my Nav was deleted as well. Anyone else have this problem. I had a 13 Fusion Titanium and did 2-3 updates no problem. Got my 15 Sport in April that had never seen a Ford Dealer until I brought it in. Was hoping to not have to bring it in as I use it mostly for back up Nav. System is showing 3.10 but not able to report successful back to Ford. Thoughts?