New to us 2015 Titanium

HEAD

Been browsing the form for a couple weeks while trying to decide on a new vehicle for the wife. Pulled the trigger on a Ford CPO 2015 Edge Titanium and decided to join the forum. Sadly, while looking it over I found the PTU to be leaking. So it now has an appointment at the dealership to get it looked at. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come,

post-51450-0-46616900-1537934600_thumb.jpg

Welcome, nice ride! Is it a 2.0? They have had issues with the PTU-axle seal leaking on that powertrain. The updated seals seem to be doing the job so far.

And yes, the PTU has a drain plug from factory. You can choose to change the fluid regularly, highly advisable. Even though dealers may resist doing it, independent shops certainly will as they can perform a proper flush on the Gen 2's.

Welcome, nice ride! Is it a 2.0? They have had issues with the PTU-axle seal leaking on that powertrain. The updated seals seem to be doing the job so far.

And yes, the PTU has a drain plug from factory. You can choose to change the fluid regularly, highly advisable. Even though dealers may resist doing it, independent shops certainly will as they can perform a proper flush on the Gen 2's.

It has the 3.5. Glad to hear the updated seals are doing the job. Searching the web I found a lot of bad stuff about the Edge PTUs. I will definitely be regularly changing the fluid.

• Like 1

So the dealer did the CPO inspection on it and missed the leaking PTU? If that is the case I would question their ability to properly certify a vehicle. One would wonder what else the missed or didn't check?

Exactly what I was thinking. Not like it was hard to miss. Ford Corporate is definitely going hear about the quality service department at this dealership.

post-51450-0-48363300-1538355248_thumb.jpeg

Edited by HEAD
  • Like 1

I believe both should be cooled, but the factory implementation is lacking (unless the feature was updated past your Edge's production date). You may want to peruse this thread, the DIY fixes are towards the end:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/18790-cooled-seats/

Got the Edge back today. Can anyone tell me if the back of the seats are cooled, or just the bottoms?

I believe both should be cooled, but the factory implementation is lacking (unless the feature was updated past your Edge's production date). You may want to peruse this thread, the DIY fixes are towards the end:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/18790-cooled-seats/

Thanks for the link. Guess theres no point to complaining about it to the dealer.

Thanks for the link. Guess theres no point to complaining about it to the dealer.

Your being a 2015, the TSB is applicable, they will change the TED (the cooling/heating element & blower) from the seat back & replace it with an updated one that has a "Sock" to get the intake air from under the seat (unless it was already done for the previous owner). It will improve compared to the old one, but for a better solution there is Tim's fix.

• Like 1