2007 Edge engine stalling

jlchoitz

Used to associate that with a bad crank or cam sensor on older vehicles. I would doublecheck that. Could be simply a dirty/loose wiring connector.

Ā 

Depending on how many miles on your Edge, cleaning the MAF may not be sufficient, but todate I have not seen it cause a stall coming to a stop. Much more likely is the throttle body/TPS.

Ā 

You can check the data on Forscan to see what is going on with timing, TB % etc. First place I look to now for clues in the absence of codes (I assume you are not relying on CELs to say no codes).

I would recheck all electrical connections detached during the timing chain/water pump replacement process. It is possible that the engine is using fixed timing instead of variable for a reason. That will really kill power.

Ā 

Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition to START position? Battery still strong CCA-wise?

New update. It left me sitting on the side of the road today. I had it towed home. After sitting a while its back running again, but it wont develop very much power. I scanned it, but it still isnt throwing any codes.

If it won't "develop much power" it's probably in limp mode. Just disconnect the battery for a while. My 08 Taurus, which I believe has the same trans as your Edge, has bad trans speed sensors and will go into limp mode once in a while. Of course, none of this has anything to do with your stalling problem.

Its definitely going into limp mode I disconnected the battery for a bit and it took right off for 30 seconds or so,and then went back into limp mode again. I ordered a throttle body, the local Ford service dept says this can all happen without any codes due to a bad throttle body. I ordered one, well see if that fixes it. If not, they say they can diagnose it for $119.

• Like 1