Rear Parking Distance Sensor

oldtreker

Both my rear distance sensors have become detached from the bumper facia. Its hard to tell from looking at new sensors how they are attached. Is anyone familiar with how these are installed. A body shop did have to work on the bumper in June now suddenly they are both loose in the same week

Thanks Philip

2016 Edge SEL

post-42241-0-52016200-1539142914_thumb.jpeg

post-42241-0-64573300-1539142947_thumb.jpeg

i have a 2016 and my car does not have those rings that protrude. the sensors are flush to the bumper.

in the OP, the holes don't look round especially in the second pic. they look like they have been drilled and/or reworked by hand and badly at that.

something is strange about the installation. is that your original bumper or did the body shop get one (used perhaps?) and drill out the holes themselves? maybe they just glued the sensors in from the back and the glue failed.

i have a 2016 and my car does not have those rings that protrude. the sensors are flush to the bumper.

in the OP, the holes don't look round especially in the second pic. they look like they have been drilled and/or reworked by hand and badly at that.

something is strange about the installation. is that your original bumper or did the body shop get one (used perhaps?) and drill out the holes themselves? maybe they just glued the sensors in from the back and the glue failed.

Thanks you, Yes we had a accident in May and picked up the car at the end of June. Didn't notice any problems till last week when the beeper sounded when backing up. I found a photo I took at the shop, going to call them.

Thanks you, Yes we had a accident in May and picked up the car at the end of June. Didn't notice any problems till last week when the beeper sounded when backing up. I found a photo I took at the shop, going to call them.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the photos was that it was very bad amateur install of some cheap third party sensors.

If your insurance covers OEM parts, then make sure that's what the body shop used - it doesn't look like they did.

Just went to look at my 2017 rear sensors and they don't have the protruding rings.

post-44162-0-25385900-1539482931_thumb.jpg

post-44162-0-10594400-1539482938_thumb.jpg