2014 Edge driver blend door issue... yet another one.

I have the dreaded no heat on the drivers side but the passenger side is hot problem with dual control temperature control.

Today I took a stab at fixing this problem by replacing the drivers side blend door actuator.. well that wasn't the problem. The problem still persists but I was able to prove that the problem is with the blend door not closing, I manually closed the door and heat was delivered.

So knowing the motor isn't the issue does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

Is there a calibration method or reset process that can be followed to fix this problem?

I've scoured the web and seem to just find numerous similar complaints but very few facts on the actual repair.

Any help would be appreciated.

VB,

I've read that thread and tried that solution (I assume that is what is being called the HVAC module reset?) and the process seemed to work using my touch screen as I heard the vents move (all?), but still no joy from the drivers side.

I have SYNC and was curious if the DTC codes are flashed somewhere on those units or do you need a scan tool to see them?

Also, curious if disconnecting the battery plays the same role as HVAC module reset?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat except I have no heat on the passenger side. I replaced the blend door actuator door closest to the glove door...the other DBA over the cabin filter works like a charm. Can't get the new BDA to move...Gonna try some persuasion since I can't figure out what Forcan software is and how to use it. I've ordered the code reader and repair manual with the codes listed. Check engine light came on 400 miles after I bought it...2013 Ford Edge Limited with 52K miles on it.

• 1 month later...

No heat for driver on my wife's 2008 LTD (dual climate control) as well. The problem is no air flow to the driver's footwell, thus no heat. We live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, so the heat is greatly needed!

I'm going to try to gain access to the left actuator and blend door and see if I can manually get some air flow to the left lower area. If I can do that, then I know there is hope. Haha!

Big question: is the actuator on the left side of the center area (above where the accelerator pedal is) the correct one for this, or should I be concentrating on something else?

• 1 month later...

2013 EDGE SEL  driver side blend door replaced and still a no go.   I have removed my blend door motor and use my hand to manually push and pull the linkage in order to open or shut the door all the way. one way for  heat, the other to cool.  i have to wedge a piece of small cardboard in to keep in cool position or it does not stay. I have tried all the fixes and 3 new motors to no avail.  My best guess is the program is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled  at a dealer. heard it can take an hour or so and they hook your car up to a battery charger while they do the install from a laptop. costs around $100.00.  just what I have heard.  My brother had this issue on a newer DODGE RAM diesel pick up. happened after a cooling system flush. they back flushed it and all was well again.  IMO,  Ford really should have a TSB on this problem and correct it no charge.  

Edited by 2kool
speling

• 2 months later...