08 Edges has slight pull to left

Purchased new 2008 SEL FWD, now has 3300 miles; I feel a slight tracking to the left when braking. Is this something that will correct itself over time? Is this common with FW drive vehicles? Thanks !

Hi abowie. :D It is always hard to diagnose over the Internet. Having said that, it is not something that is common.

While FWD vehicles often do have a certain amount of "Torque Steer" during hard acceleration, pulling (or tracking) to one side during braking is not usually a normal condition. Of course, as stated earlier it is hard to diagnose just how serious this tracking problem is.

Does it occur under all types of braking and on all types of roads, or only under certain conditions? If it is only under certain conditions, what are the conditions? Have you checked your tire pressures to be sure they are correct (with a good quality pressure gauge)? Incorrect tire pressure could certainly affect your vehicles handling.

If it is bad enough that you are concerned about it, you should probably make a service appointment. If it only occurs under certain conditions, be very precise in how you describe it tot he Service personnel. The more information they have, the better the chance of solving any problem there may be.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

If I recall correctly, isn't that a TSB?

Hi PrinzII. :D If my memory serves me right, the TSB deals with a steering drift to the right while driving.

Abowie is concerned about a drift or "track" to the left while braking.

However you are right, if he is going to bring the Edge in for service it certainly can't hurt to mention the TSB, if the Service Department does not.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi PrinzII. :D If my memory serves me right, the TSB deals with a steering drift to the right while driving.

Abowie is concerned about a drift or "track" to the left while braking.

However you are right, if he is going to bring the Edge in for service it certainly can't hurt to mention the TSB, if the Service Department does not.

Hi bbf2530 and PrinzII: Thanks a bunch for your replies. It is a very slight "drift" when I brake, but I'll mention it to Service when I take it in. I would think a right caliper isn't "closing" as it should?

Also - where can I find the TSB;s you are mentioning? Thanks !