H&R springs. Need new shocks?

No. The springs don't change the suspension limits; they just allow the suspension to 'park' in a different part of the range.

Cool. Thanks for the info Jeffrey. I just bought my edge 2 weeks ago. Love the dang thing. Can't wait to post pics of it. Just waiting for all the parts to come in first. It's going to be lowered sitting on 22's, and all murdered out (blacked out), among all the other things i'm doing to it.

-Cannon

• 2 weeks later...
Cool. Thanks for the info Jeffrey. I just bought my edge 2 weeks ago. Love the dang thing. Can't wait to post pics of it. Just waiting for all the parts to come in first. It's going to be lowered sitting on 22's, and all murdered out (blacked out), among all the other things i'm doing to it.

-Cannon

Are we sure no shocks are needed? I really want the H&R springs but I don't want to mess up the shocks or the ride of the Edge.

Are we sure no shocks are needed? I really want the H&R springs but I don't want to mess up the shocks or the ride of the Edge.

I had H & R springs put on my MKX when I bought it. They didn't suggest getting different shocks & I didn't. It just hit 10K this week & no issues. The ride is a bit firmer, but the handling is far better. It also looks good being a bit lower then stock.

So, i just bought a set of H&R springs,... my question is (to those who bought the H&R springs also) do i need to replace my shocks as well????

-Cannon

Hi Cannon. :D No, you do not have to get new shocks. You can use the Factory shocks until they need to be replaced.

However, keep in mind that your Factory shocks will wear out faster with the new springs (assuming they are more aggressive and lower the ride stance), due to the altered suspension dynamics.

How much quicker? Nobody can predict that. It depends on driving environment. So the rougher the roads you drive on, the heavier the wear on the shocks, and the sooner they will wear out. When they do, simply replace them with better aftermarket shocks.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi Cannon. :D No, you do not have to get new shocks. You can use the Factory shocks until they need to be replaced.

However, keep in mind that your Factory shocks will wear out faster with the new springs (assuming they are more aggressive and lower the ride stance), due to the altered suspension dynamics.

How much quicker? Nobody can predict that. It depends on driving environment. So the rougher the roads you drive on, the heavier the wear on the shocks, and the sooner they will wear out. When they do, simply replace them with better aftermarket shocks.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks! Thats pretty much what i had figured. Well my little Edge is coming along. Just waiting for the wheels and tires to come in from back order. Im going for a all blacked out (murdered) look. Stereo is getting wrapped up too.

-Cannon

I was on the H&R website and I was looking at the H&R Edge. I found the following info for the suspension set-Up:

H&R Ford Edge H&R 2007 Ford Edge Project

Chassis/Suspension:

:: H&R Sport Springs

o Lowers 1.5-2.0 inches on average

o Superb ride quality

H&R Sport Springs offer the handling characteristics and aggressive appearance that you’ve been looking for, without the harsh ride characteristics of less-advanced spring systems. H&R Sport Springs feature more control and are engineered for the street, making them comfortable and fun to drive. H&R Sport Springs are crafted from a special 54SiCr6 spring steel to ensure quality and performance.

:: H&R Trak+ Wheel Spacers

If you've ever seen a sleek, European sedan with that oh-so-low street stance and a bulging wheel / tire combo that fits perfectly in the wheel wells, chances are that car was fitted with H&R TRAK+® Wheel Spacers. TRAK+® Wheel Spacers make your existing tires and wheels appear wider by moving the wheel out from the hub, providing both performance and appearance improvements. Whether you want improved handling, increased safety or simply desire your car to make a statement about your individual style, TRAK+® Wheel Spacers can help you accomplish your goal.

:: H&R Triple C Camber Adjustment Bolts

Whenever you lower a vehicle’s ride height, negative camber is increased –– how much depends on the vehicle and the reduction in ride height. H&R ‘Triple C’ Camber Adjustment Bolts are a simple, yet very effective means of removing excessive camber, adjusting your vehicle’s camber settings, or even correcting small side-to-side camber variations for precise alignment.

Consisting of a pair of specially-designed bolts, H&R patented ‘Triple C’ Camber Adjustment Bolts replace the original upper fastening bolts on McPherson strut applications. As the bolt is turned, a small cam eccentric alters the vehicle’s camber, allowing adjustments from 0-3 degrees, positive or negative.

Installation takes only minutes with readily available hand tools, and benefits include increased tire life, improved tracking and the ability to dial in more camber for weekend track events.

Quite simply, H&R ‘Triple C’ Camber Adjustment Bolts are a great value. No other single suspension modification can yield such impressive results with such a small investment in time and money –– and you can do it yourself.

Does anyone have this Set-Up :shades: