Zymol

• 2 months later...
: DJ Nap Jan 16 2009, 05:54 PM

A little Zymol and some chrome polish and viola!! 2 1/2 years later, it still looks good. I wax it frequently with tech 2.0, but thought I'd give this a whirl. After I finished with the clay bar, I applied the Zymol and was impressed. Sorry for the blurryness.

I used F21 by Turtle Wax before discovering Zymol. Though hard to believe, I've never washed any of the vehicles I've owned since 1993: '93 Super Coupe (white), '98 F-150 (dark Canyon red), '98 Taurus (silver) , '05 F-150 (silver), '05 Taurus (silver), '07 Edge (that fiery orange :extinguish: :yup: color). I live in San Francisco Bay Area & weather is pretty benign. Dirt on top of wax gets waxed off & new wax added. In between waxings I use damp wash cloth & dry with another. I can do this 2-4 times between waxings. I use Meguiar's Professional Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner #40 on tires & black trim. I use this on tires, black trim & vinyl bed cover on '05 F-150. All my vehicles have been/are under cover at night.

Edited by dadrett

I have used every wax/polish/compound on the market. Mothers makes the best products available......period. My Dad used zymol on his black mustang and it did remove swirl marks but that is because it is abrasive. Zymol would be a good product for the "spring cleaning" of the vehicle.

I have used every wax/polish/compound on the market. Mothers makes the best products available......period. My Dad used zymol on his black mustang and it did remove swirl marks but that is because it is abrasive. Zymol would be a good product for the "spring cleaning" of the vehicle.

I use professional detail products for my business, but for off of the shelf stuff, Mothers/Mequiars are pretty good. 3M is a little better than those though. I use Ardex and Albert Kemperle

I use professional detail products for my business, but for off of the shelf stuff, Mothers/Mequiars are pretty good. 3M is a little better than those though. I use Ardex and Albert Kemperle

For BlazedUp & DJ Nap

Any specifics on which Mequiar's & Mothers' products U use?

Edited by dadrett

For BlazedUp & DJ Nap

Any specifics on which Mequiar's & Mothers' products U use?

The meguiar's line....Gold Class is a good "all around" easy on/off wax. Their bottom line "cleaner wax" is good in direct sunlight. I, personally, like the Tech 2.0 wax in the purple bottle. It's pretty easy on/off as well. I've used the base Mother's wax and it is comparable to Meguiar's.

Mothers cleaner wax in the red round tin is awesome. 3M is comparable to mothers, but I prefer using a round cotton terry cloth applicator with the paste. The "cleaner" waxes remove bugs, tar and road grime with ease. Mothers spray wax is excellent after every wash. The mothers clay bar system will make your car shine more than when it was new, but really isn't necessary for newer cars. Meguiars is okay, but I get too much white powder with it. When I use mothers, it is the only wax that will allow the towel to slide right off the hood.........This may not be scientific, but the paint is smooth as glass. Bottom line, whatever wax you use, use it at least 4 times a year on your car.

I use Mother's clay bar to clean the paint,Meguiars NXT2.0, then 4Star's UPP...talk about a deep wet shine...even on my wifes creme brulee Edge,which doesn't have much color depth to it..but it still "pops" in the sunlight. Just my .02

It's amazing what comes off of the paint onto that clay bar, isn't it?

A little Zymol and some chrome polish and viola!! 2 1/2 years later, it still looks good. I wax it frequently with tech 2.0, but thought I'd give this a whirl. After I finished with the clay bar, I applied the Zymol and was impressed. Sorry for the blurryness.

post-4426-1232153307_thumb.jpg

post-4426-1232153554_thumb.jpg

I have a question for anyone. I have an 08 Black Edge, possibly the last black vehicle I will own. I have used the Tech 2.0 was on it too and love how it looks. After a hard winter I have noticed some roughness along the lower sides, I assume could be tar or road grime. It didn't come off when I washed it and it's too cold to wax where I live yet. Any suggestions on what I should use to clean it. I have heard of the clay bar but know nothing of how it works or what it does. I just don't want to scratch the paint, which is almost impossible even in drying the car. Thanks for the info.

I have a question for anyone. I have an 08 Black Edge, possibly the last black vehicle I will own. I have used the Tech 2.0 was on it too and love how it looks. After a hard winter I have noticed some roughness along the lower sides, I assume could be tar or road grime. It didn't come off when I washed it and it's too cold to wax where I live yet. Any suggestions on what I should use to clean it. I have heard of the clay bar but know nothing of how it works or what it does. I just don't want to scratch the paint, which is almost impossible even in drying the car. Thanks for the info.

GOO GONE XTREME

Find it in the paint section at Wally World. It's a liquid. I swear by it. It'll even take off old sap that has hardened. People ask me to buff off scuff marks and little do they know, a few wipes with this stuff on a microfiber rag and it's gone. :yup:

I'm gonna pick some of this up on Friday. Good lookin' nap. :rockon:

Oh yeah, about the clay bar....If it's been a month or 3 since your last wax, wash your Edge with some Dawn Ultra dishoap. This will remove any wax you have left behind. then you use a clay bar kit (for about 15 bucks) and follow the directions. Easy to do, just time consuming. It'll remove paint contaminants caught in the clear coat. THEN you wax it. You're "suppose" to use a polish in between the clay and wax, but newer cars usually don't require this.

GOO GONE XTREME

Find it in the paint section at Wally World. It's a liquid. I swear by it. It'll even take off old sap that has hardened. People ask me to buff off scuff marks and little do they know, a few wipes with this stuff on a microfiber rag and it's gone. :yup:

Thanks. I have regular Goo Gone that is a yellow liquid. Is that the same thing? We don't have a Wally World in Oregon that I know off. I suppose I could just google it. I don't want to use the regular Goo Gone if it isn't the same thing.

Oh yeah, about the clay bar....If it's been a month or 3 since your last wax, wash your Edge with some Dawn Ultra dishoap. This will remove any wax you have left behind. then you use a clay bar kit (for about 15 bucks) and follow the directions. Easy to do, just time consuming. It'll remove paint contaminants caught in the clear coat. THEN you wax it. You're "suppose" to use a polish in between the clay and wax, but newer cars usually don't require this.

Sounds like a job. Do you think this would create a lot of swirl marks in the black paint? I didn't know if you would still use the clay bar on a car that new, but if it works that good, I'll try it. Thanks

Sounds like a job. Do you think this would create a lot of swirl marks in the black paint? I didn't know if you would still use the clay bar on a car that new, but if it works that good, I'll try it. Thanks

ALWAYS test an inconspicuous area first. As long as your Edge is THOROUGHLY cleaned and clay bar'd immediately afterwards (per the directions, of course), you should be ok. You sure there's no WalMart in Oregon?

ALWAYS test an inconspicuous area first. As long as your Edge is THOROUGHLY cleaned and clay bar'd immediately afterwards (per the directions, of course), you should be ok. You sure there's no WalMart in Oregon?

No we do have a Walmart, I didn't know that is who you were referring to as Wally World. I'll try that, thanks.

I also have an 08 in black. If you use a micro fiber drying cloth it does not scratch the paint, then the clay bar and I use the Nxt 2 and it looks great