Any older Edge owners out there ?

d-dmusic

I just purchased and receive my '08 Edge AWD and, so far, so very, very good. Both my wife and I are very impressed with the car. Quiet, tight, nice ride and excellent performance.

But, how is the Edge over the longer term ? Is it still nice and tight ? No rattles ? Some observations from owners with older Edge's out there would be appreciated.

I just purchased and receive my '08 Edge AWD and, so far, so very, very good. Both my wife and I are very impressed with the car. Quiet, tight, nice ride and excellent performance.

But, how is the Edge over the longer term ? Is it still nice and tight ? No rattles ? Some observations from owners with older Edge's out there would be appreciated.

My black 2008 limited has been trouble free for 15 months. Took about 500 miles or so to break in, but i have had no problems except for a defective battery. It was replaced under warranty.

• 1 month later...

I'm a new kid on the block. Just purchased a 08 EDGE SEL last Nov. So far so great. I do have have one question for anybody. How do I add DRL's? I asked the dealer and they did not know.

Update: Just returned from my local FORD dealer. After a little research they finally found out how to go about reprogramming the computer to enable the DRL option. Done deal.

Edited by earl312

I purchased my 2007 Edge SEL Plus in early June 2007 and now have almost 29,000 miles on it. So far it has given me very little trouble. The only issues I have had have been the clicking sound at low speed in the front wheels, which was repaired under a TSB for the issue, the defective battery which was also replaced under the standard warranty and an annoying popping/creaking sound coming from the front passenger door/pillar area.

Others have reported the popping sound issue too and most solutions point to adjusting/lubricating the door latch. The popping sound is only noticeable at speeds in the 20-30MPH range and I haven't heard it today so go figure. I will try lubricating the latch to see if that helps long-term.

Overall I am very pleased with my Edge. The ride is as good now as it was when I rolled off the lot with 38 miles on the odometer. I'm a big guy (6' 4" & 250 lbs) and the Edge is one of the few mid-size vehicles I've been in that is comfortable for me on long trips. The only regret I have is that the 2007s didn't offer Sync and I wish Ford would provide a painless upgrade option for those of us with Nav that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Edited by hellerjw

• 1 month later...

Actually I am pretty old AND I have a 2007 edge with over 75K on it. I am very happy with the vehicle. I had the transfer case leak problem, but it was fixed and has not recurred. This is the only time it has been in the shop (the sound you hear is me knocking on wood). Original brakes, one new set of tires, routine maintenance. A few design issues which I am sure they have fixed, rudimentry nav system, had to add sirius & bluetooth phone thingy. no door lock @ liftgate, bad handle on liftgate. I like it, sure hope it goes another 75k.

• 7 years later...