Answeres for all Audio/Video questions

hey fellas, i was wondering if the stock 6 cd headubit in an 08 limited has a factory amp near the sub

i want to add an aftermarket amp but am not too fond of running new speaker cable all around the vehicle my old jeep had an amp under the rear seat that fed all the speakers so it was much easier to replace the amp

anyways keep me posted

Edited by jourabchid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any questions you guys might have about Audio/Video/Navigation I am your answere man. Been working w/ Ford dealers for 15 years and can help answere any question. Looking forward to helping out.

This is my first post on here. I just bought my wife a 09 Edge Sport with the DVD Nav system. I would like to add monitors to the headrests for my kids in the back. Does the stock DVD system have A/V jacks on the back of it? Will the stock DVD play on the rear monitors while the car is not in park? Do you have any suggestions on a particular brand to use?

Thanks,

Don

• Like 1

Any questions you guys might have about Audio/Video/Navigation I am your answere man. Been working w/ Ford dealers for 15 years and can help answere any question. Looking forward to helping out.

I have the simplest of questions, I think. :) I want to install a Parrot BT unit in my wife's 2009 Edge SEL. How do I get the darn head unit out? Everything I've seen so far still refers to the Ford units having those two holes that you insert the special DIN tool into to remove. Mine doesn't have those holes like my old Ranger did.

I'm guessing it's more like my new Toyota where you have to remove some of the dash face panels to gain access but I don't want to just start prying and end of breaking something. Thanks in advance for your help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

New Edge owner, new to forums.

I just bought a 2010 SEL with the 6 disk CD/MP3 headunit (SYNC, sirrius, USB, Hands-free, etc...)

Q: I would like to add an aftermarket powered sub and would like to know if anyone has had experience with this?

I just need to know if there is an available harness for this headunit?

-SWROLL

Check out crutchfield.com. They have several different brands of powered subs. Usually they run off of the factory speaker leads.

As for head unit removal, Im gping to be starting on my install in the next week so Ill pass it on. Doesnt look like much more than removing the trim panel.

Hi..

I'm from Mexico and I have a 2008 Edge Limited with 6Cd radio player in the front and the family entertainment system in the roof for my kids... I want to change my 6cd radio player for the Nav System (in Mexico called "Ford Interactive System")

Exist any posiblily to do this? What I need to do? I mean, without lose SYNC and the connectivity with the family entertainment system. Right now I can control the mayor of the family entertainment system functions with the 6cd radio player.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have a question if you will be so kind to answer.

I have purchased a sel with sync. I thought of buying the nav umit but it is too expensive. I have seen a number of after market nav units , one claiming to be a oem unit. Is ther any way it will work with sunc.? or the only way a nav umit will work with sync is the factory installed nav umit

Thnaks

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, so here comes my question: i have a 2008 Lincoln MKX with THX and Navigation. Because of driving in europe, normally the GPS will not work. I have a european map already. After checking the "Bezel Diagnostics", i see that no satellite show up long enough to get 3DFix. So, the first step was getting in the "Develop Menu" (found in the Internet) - there was a GPS Area Restriction! Now i have 9 satellites.

But navigation is not working yet, just showing my position, not closer than 500 meters.

There are so many taps in the menu, do you know what i have to switch? What they all mean? (I found a RDS-TMC button - the european traffic channel). Can i get this work in europe as far as it gets?

Every help is strongly welcome :stats:

Ralf

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've got an 09 Fusion & am having Sirius Radio issues (i know wrong board, but this one seems to have more sirius questions)

I get a "Sat Fault" message - when I press "AUX and 2" I get "B 1342 Sat".

I have an iphone that occassionally causes sync issues, but other than that no problems to report.

Could this be some Sirius Firmware problem? I can't tune into any channels...

I've unplugged the radio (From the back seat cushion), I've pulled fuses, and I've done a master reset (I think - took negative terminal off).

Any other idea as to what is wrong and why it happened?

Thanks

I have a 2008 Edge with the 6disc CD changer. I disconnected my battery to clean the terminals and when it was reconnected I heard a noise with my radio/CD player and the it came up CD Error and then would go to initializing. I spoke to someone and they said that I would need to remove my radio and then remove the CDs and it should be fine. I was wondering if you had or know where I can find instructions on how to remove the radio and then remove the CDs and reinstall the radio. I spoke to the dealership and all they said they could do was order me a new radio and install it that they do not do any type or repair or anything (and that includes removing current radio and removing CDs) I wasn't sure how complicated it would be to remove the current radio and do it myself or if I should check into a car stereo place or if I would just need to have Ford order a new radio (which is under extended warranty and I would need to pay $100 deductible). I was under the impression that removing the CDs should then enable to CD player to reset and work, Thanks, Megan

• Like 1

I have a 2010 Ford Edge SEL AWD with Nav Premium sound. SEL only has door speakers and base subwoofer. No tweeters like in the Limited Edge.

Question: My AMP shorted and blew while receiving call on cell thru bluetooth on radio. Ford Uses 3rd party Radio repair. locally H&H radio. No DTC errors. They just said the amp was bad and recut and reseated ground wire to chassis.

DSP choice on Nav (All seats/ front speakers / back speakers) after the repair Front speaker choice sounds better. or all speakers. I assume this digital signal processing thru speakers.

I ask how the Amp could of blown ?? They did not know. They said it may have been feedback from the answered phone call via the Sync.

Thanks

.Hi there, I am planning to replace my factory radio/6CD/SIRIUS on ford EDGE 2010 with this unit http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-GPS-DVD-Player-Radio-iPod-TV-Ford-Edge-Esape-/220669020476?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3360e6093c ,any advice?.Thanks

Hello,

I'm new to forum, just bougth a used 07 sel with nav. My problem is that i will be driving along and the bass will just cut out on the radio. If i turn the radio off and back on it usually fixes the problem, but its been getting for frequent and turning it off and on is not working anymore. I was reading on another forum and a few other people had the same problem but no one had responded to them. I have also tried searching this forum and didnt find anything. Nay help would be great thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

My question to you is, when will they get a fix for the 2011 Edge Sync system. It does not connect to the services and the cd shows no title/artist which I have been told might be one in the same

• 9 months later...

Hi,

The audio just stop working for the satellite radio. However, I can see the name of song and artist. Contacted Sirrus and they resent signal but still not working. Have audio for radio & CD player.

Thanks, Karla

• 8 months later...