Brakes

My wife just got a used 2007 Edge SE AWD. She had it for 3 days when she was driving to the mall and notice a loud whistling noice coming from the rear. When we got to the mall (I was in a different car) there was a burning smell on the passenger side rear wheel and the rims were too hot too touch.

Any ideas what is the problem?

My wife just got a used 2007 Edge SE AWD. She had it for 3 days when she was driving to the mall and notice a loud whistling noice coming from the rear. When we got to the mall (I was in a different car) there was a burning smell on the passenger side rear wheel and the rims were too hot too touch.

Any ideas what is the problem?

Hi lucky. :D Assuming she was not accidentally driving with the parking brake on, or with her left foot on the brake pedal, it sounds like it could possibly be a "hung up" or "dragging" brake caliper.

However, Internet diagnosis is spotty at best. You should bring the Edge in ASAP for diagnosis and repair. Unless you have gone over the mileage limit, it should still be covered under the New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty (3 years/36,000 miles). It should not be driven otherwise.

Let us know the outcome.

Good luck. :beerchug: