Car Wash and Antenna?

Any issues with taking the Ford Edge through a car wash with the antenna? I.e., many car washes end with a large device that rolls over the top of the car while drying, and would roll over the antenna. Has any had issues with this and do I have to unscrew the antenna before washing?

Thanks.

Any issues with taking the Ford Edge through a car wash with the antenna? I.e., many car washes end with a large device that rolls over the top of the car while drying, and would roll over the antenna. Has any had issues with this and do I have to unscrew the antenna before washing?

Thanks.

Hi pbc. :D I would advise removing the antenna if you are not using a completely "touchless" car wash. Takes 10 seconds and may keep you from kicking yourself later. Even that blower roller could cause a problem.

Just my opinion (and what I do on cars with an exterior antenna).

Good luck. :beerchug:

Never take your Edge (or any car) through a tunnel wash...bad idea.

I ALWAYS washed all my cars by hand before I got injured. I must say in the past 4years I have been using my neighborhood car wash I have never had an issue and the car comes out better then when I used to spend 3 hours on it. Maybe there are different types of car washes and I'm not sure just what you mean by "tunnel wash"

I ALWAYS washed all my cars by hand before I got injured. I must say in the past 4years I have been using my neighborhood car wash I have never had an issue and the car comes out better then when I used to spend 3 hours on it. Maybe there are different types of car washes and I'm not sure just what you mean by "tunnel wash"

Anything that you drive in and out of, where a machine does the work. machines leak hydraulic fluid and drip contaminants. Touchless isn't really all that bad, but as we all know, all dirt does not just rinse off. In your situation, it is understandable that you take your Edge to get it cleaned and at least you are keeping it clean. B) However, nothing beats a good 'ole hand wash and spot-free rinse...use a blower if necessary, but never hand dry.

Edited by DJ Nap

Weird, wonder why that thread didn't come up when I searched "antenna" and "stubby antenna". So, that antenna works okay in terms of reception and no issues with car washes?

BTW, I too hand wash my cars 90% of the time, from April through about Sept/Oct. Unfortunately with snow/sleet/ice and negative temps from Oct/Nov through to end of March that isn't exactly an option!!