What brand of wax?

What "wax" should I use on the black plastic on the bottoms of the doors?

DO NOT USE TIRE SHINE!!!!

I use Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. It brings out such a nice shine on the plastic. It leaves absolutely no residue. I live by this product for interior and exterior. Also after you wash and dry your car use Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer....WOW!!

Good Luck.

I use Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. It brings out such a nice shine on the plastic. It leaves absolutely no residue. I live by this product for interior and exterior. Also after you wash and dry your car use Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer....WOW!!

Good Luck.

i asked the wife tonight what i'd been using, she said just soap and water. i used the tireshine on our old tahoe. worked great on it though.

Tire shine has silicone in it and can break down the plastic. I have not used "Ice" due to the fact that I find it hard to believe that you can use it on every surface of the car. What kind of finish does it produce when used on the bottom plastic molding on the doors? This plastic gets nasty and it's a bitch to clean....so does the "Ice" protect the plastic and make the dirt and road crap not stick ?

Tire shine has silicone in it and can break down the plastic. I have not used "Ice" due to the fact that I find it hard to believe that you can use it on every surface of the car. What kind of finish does it produce when used on the bottom plastic molding on the doors? This plastic gets nasty and it's a bitch to clean....so does the "Ice" protect the plastic and make the dirt and road crap not stick ?

I've found that ICE looks great and the finish lasts longer. It is pricey. I tried it on the painted surfaces and

while it shines ok, it is hard to apply because it is clear. Tire shine will turn the black plastic "white" after a while.

I use the Turtle Wax "ICE" also... use it all over the car from rims, interior, plastic moldings, body, chrome... I like it good enough

I do not use it on glass or lights though, and I have not noticed that anything sticks more because of it. I use it a bit almost everyday to do quick clean ups of road debris, dust and bird poop, etc.

Edited by Lex Talionis

Good Luck.

What he said...add to that the Meguiars NXT 2.0 wax (machine applied), and you get one fine looking Edge.

post-7273-1253419081_thumb.jpg

post-7273-1253419275_thumb.jpg

Edited by Goldy

My pops used zymol on his black Mustang and the paint looked like you could stick your finger 3" into it. Awesome stuff to use maybe twice a year because it is on the abrasive side. Meguiars Mirror Glaze Swirl remover 2.0 followed by Lanes Premium gold wax is unbelievable.

I use the Mequiar's Ultimate Compound followed by the Gold Class Wax..either way, the Mrs. could apply makeup using the door as a mirror....glad to see that others care about their ride instead of dropping thousand of dollars to watch the brake dust and love bugs eat it away..

I highly recommend Forever Black restores a dark, black, finish on sun-faded bumpers and body moldings. Unlike a cosmetic dressing that can wash off, Forever Black is a permanent dye. It permanently restores the color to black plastic, rubber and vinyl with the same polymers that the manufacturers use. It is not a silicone dressing - silicone products will make plastic, vinyl and rubber appear to have regained their color but the change is temporary. Plus, silicone oils have been known to dry out the applied areas creating a bigger problem. Silicone also tends to leave a greasy residue even after buffing. Forever Black will leave just a deep, black color that lasts for 2 to 3 years with just one application.

Forever Black Bumper & Trim Dye will not stick to paint, just your trim. It dries quickly and lasts longer than any temporary dressing. However, once Forever Black is dry, you can apply other water or oil-based dressings over it. They will not subtract from the black color. Neither will the sun. Your trim will be protected for as long as it stays black.

Use Forever Black Bumper & Trim Dye Kit on spoilers, mud guards, door handles, and moldings for a fresh-from-the-factory black. Since it is a dye, do not use on light-colored trim.

Use the Forever Black Cleaner Concentrate to clean your trim. Then use the sponge applicator on the bottle to apply Forever Black Bumper and Trim Dye to the trim. It will dry in minutes to a deep black luster.

Kit includes:

4 oz. cleaner concentrate

4 oz. Forever Black dye

$12.95

I've had my 07 Ford Edge for 2 years and with only 1 application of this stuff. Very easy to put on and keeps the black plastic looking showroom new!!! :shades:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I use clay treatment + Meguires NXT on the paint, chrome, wheels, and light lenses/smooth plastic. As for the textured and black plastic parts I use Meguires Interior Quick Detailer. Clay+frequent applications of Rain-X (being very careful to not get any on the paint) takes care of the glass. As I mentioned in another post, masking tape can be your best friend here. Keeping the wax off the textured plastic and any accidental smears of detailer off the paint.

• 10 months later...

I use clay treatment + Meguires NXT on the paint, chrome, wheels, and light lenses/smooth plastic. As for the textured and black plastic parts I use Meguires Interior Quick Detailer. Clay+frequent applications of Rain-X (being very careful to not get any on the paint) takes care of the glass. As I mentioned in another post, masking tape can be your best friend here. Keeping the wax off the textured plastic and any accidental smears of detailer off the paint.

After reading these posts, and doing some reserch I went with Turtle Wax Ice wax paste and Ice detailer for my new 2011 Edge. I can verify that it shines up the car real well and does no harm to the black plastic. The Edge has a lot of plastic pieces and I did not want to bother with any other wax that might haze it. They should make a comercial like Frank's Red Hot sauce.......I use that s*** on everthing! After winter I will do the clay bar first....I have never done it before so I am nervous.

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this forum but not to detailing. I have been doing it for close to 30 years. I use a lot of Duragloss products which are reasonably priced and can be purchased in the US at Carquest I believe or through a couple of large detailing boutique stores like Autogeek or directly from Duragloss. They have a trim dressing that is great at repelling water and making the trim look nice and dark. Autogeek probably has a whole page devoted to trim dressings. There are a lot to choose from.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

If your Edge is black, you may want to try Turtle Wax Black Box. I did our 2006 Mustang GT Convertible with it yesterday, it is incredible.

Check this YouTube video, you can see the reflection of rain drops on the hood from an adjacent roof overhang. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPEOf7L0QYk&feature=youtu.be

You can see the reflection of our Edge wheel on the side panel of the Mustang.

I've never used a wax that made the paint shine like this stuff does.

post-30124-0-93279500-1397476381_thumb.jpg

post-30124-0-60027300-1397476384_thumb.jpg

post-30124-0-15905500-1397476387_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pcfithian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

for the black plastic trim I use Poorboy's World Trim Restorer. I love it, works great, and is quite durable. Smells good, too. www.poorboysworld.com

I, also, use their Pro Polish, Natty Blue and Red wax, basically this is the brand I prefer. I use pro polish, then blackhole glaze to pop the metallic, EX-P sealant, then a coat of natty blue wax, two coats if I am up to it.