2010 MKX Leather seats

delliott

I just bought a 2010 Lincoln MKX. I have a question about the interior. What part of the seat is leather and what part is vinyl. My dealer did not have a clear answer for me. He thought it is just the seating surfaces, with the sides and back being vinyl. Is that correct? I know the steering wheel has leather on it. But is the console top leather? The reason I ask is that I want to use the right cleaner on the right surfaces. I wish Lincoln would make this all clear but I can't find it anywhere in their literature. I also assume that everything on the doors and dash is a type of vinyl. Can anyone confirm that. Thanks for anyone's help!

I just bought a 2010 Lincoln MKX. I have a question about the interior. What part of the seat is leather and what part is vinyl. My dealer did not have a clear answer for me. He thought it is just the seating surfaces, with the sides and back being vinyl. Is that correct? I know the steering wheel has leather on it. But is the console top leather? The reason I ask is that I want to use the right cleaner on the right surfaces. I wish Lincoln would make this all clear but I can't find it anywhere in their literature. I also assume that everything on the doors and dash is a type of vinyl. Can anyone confirm that. Thanks for anyone's help!

Hi delliot. :D Only the seating surfaces. The sides, backs and headrests are not leather. Neither are the door panels or dash. I am not 100% sure about the console top, but I believe it also is not leather.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi delliot. :D Only the seating surfaces. The sides, backs and headrests are not leather. Neither are the door panels or dash. I am not 100% sure about the console top, but I believe it also is not leather.

Thanks bbf2530. That helps a lot. I appreciate it. Have a good day!

you are correct, only the part of the seat that your body touches is leather and the console is a moulded vinyl.