Rear Spoiler

suezq927

I picked up my AWD SEL+ (redfire w/charcoal) a few weeks ago, and I had realized the rear spoiler was black. I thought it was odd that it wasn't body colored, as I thought it was supposed to be, but didn't look further into it at the time. Saw an Edge in a commercial last night, and it did have a body colored rear spoiler, which made me research a little further today, where I found the SE's spoiler is supposed to be black and the SEL/SEL+ is supposed to be body colored. Anyone else out there with an SEL/SEL+ with a black spoiler, or is yours painted to match your truck? I've contacted my salesman, and I am waiting for him to get back to me. I just wanted to see if I'm the only one with this "dilemma".

I picked up my AWD SEL+ (redfire w/charcoal) a few weeks ago, and I had realized the rear spoiler was black. I thought it was odd that it wasn't body colored, as I thought it was supposed to be, but didn't look further into it at the time. Saw an Edge in a commercial last night, and it did have a body colored rear spoiler, which made me research a little further today, where I found the SE's spoiler is supposed to be black and the SEL/SEL+ is supposed to be body colored. Anyone else out there with an SEL/SEL+ with a black spoiler, or is yours painted to match your truck? I've contacted my salesman, and I am waiting for him to get back to me. I just wanted to see if I'm the only one with this "dilemma".

From what I can see on the website it looks like you are right the SE is suppose to be black and the SEL and SEL + are suppose to be color matched.

When you special order a vehicle, the manufacturer always has an "out" as somewhere, it will say something like "the manufacturer has the right to make production changes at any time". May not be those exact words, but that is what can happens when you special order.

This is why I no longer special order. I've been burned twice with special orders. Once when the car was not equiped the way the ads said, and the second time when the car had a two "imperfections" when delivered and the dealer saying, "oh, we can fix that". (they could not). If the dealer don't have it, I don't buy it.

You are correct... Only the SE trim level is to have the black rear spoiler and black door handles and black mirrors. SEL/SEL+ all are SUPPOSED to have all of these items 'body colored'. What type of wheels do you have and does your Edge have fog lights? These are important question as your dealer may have possibly put an SEL badge on an AWD SE model. :redcard: Your window sticker should have the trim level noted at the top center of the sticker. Make sure your sticker VIN # matches the Vin # of the vehicle. Hope this isn't the case and it is only limited to the rear spoiler issue. Good luck and please update on your results.

My salesman called me back yesterday afternoon, and said I was correct in noticing this mistake. They are currently working on the details with their service department, and they will correct the factory's mistake. I will update when I hear back from the dealership with an actual appt. to correct this issue. Everything else seems to be OK. The door handles and mirrors were color matched, but for some odd reason, the rear spoiler wasn't.

On the same subject: Anyone know if the MKX is supposed to have a body colored rear spoiler? I drive by our local Lincoln dealership everyday, and I happened to notice yesterday all of their MKX's have black spoilers. I would think all Lincoln's would have the body color spoiler, rather than the base Ford black spoiler. That's just my opinion though.

BTW-I ordered my vehicle. I didn't buy it off the lot. It's redfire/charcoal AWD SEL+ w/BAMR, 18"chrome wheels, reverse sensing, audiophile, Sirius, All-Weather Mats, Towing Pkg, and remote start. I've had it for about 3 weeks now, and I absolutely love it. (My MPG is still lower than I'd like though) Hopefully, we can resolve this issue quickly. It's not a deal breaker, but I want what I paid for.

(My MPG is still lower than I'd like though) Hopefully, we can resolve this issue quickly. It's not a deal breaker, but I want what I paid for.

Hey suzeq927, once you resolve that whole mpg thing and get "what you paid for", please be kind enough to share that info with the rest of us who desire better mpg, lol

Good LUCK!