Sync 2.1 released

In case some of you do not follow the SMR website, there is an update for those of us with 2007-2009 models. I notice it has not been mentioned here yet so...

9L2T-14D544-BE Version SYNC V2.1

This new software release, based on customer feedback, will improve Ford's 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report features. Now you can disable the '911 Assist is set to Off' speech reminder. If you choose to turn it off, a line of text reminding you that 911 Assist is disabled will continue to be shown on the radio display. In addition to the 911 Assist enhancement, the Auto Vehicle Health Report feature will now have a default setting of 'OFF'. Simply switch to 'ON' if you wish this report to be automatically generated.

Also contained in this release are improvements to USB and Bluetooth features and phone and media device support.

neither of the 911 or Health Report feature changes matter to me, but I have not been able to determine just what "improvements to USB and Bluetooth features and phone and media device support" this amounted to. But I actually read more issues than benefits post 2.1.

In case some of you do not follow the SMR website, there is an update for those of us with 2007-2009 models. I notice it has not been mentioned here yet so...

9L2T-14D544-BE Version SYNC V2.1

This new software release, based on customer feedback, will improve Ford's 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report features. Now you can disable the '911 Assist is set to Off' speech reminder. If you choose to turn it off, a line of text reminding you that 911 Assist is disabled will continue to be shown on the radio display. In addition to the 911 Assist enhancement, the Auto Vehicle Health Report feature will now have a default setting of 'OFF'. Simply switch to 'ON' if you wish this report to be automatically generated.

Also contained in this release are improvements to USB and Bluetooth features and phone and media device support.

neither of the 911 or Health Report feature changes matter to me, but I have not been able to determine just what "improvements to USB and Bluetooth features and phone and media device support" this amounted to. But I actually read more issues than benefits post 2.1.

I'm registered owner with SMR but I'm not able to download V2.1 update. We have 09 Ford Edge LTD AWD with navigation and last update I did was 1.3. Any help out there?

Maybe the upgrde to 2.1 will make the system compatible with more phones. I know sync does not like LG because they do not support auto phonebook download. When someone calls, the number appears not the name. You cannot name dial as you have to say the number. I receive upgrades for free as I understand some are being charged for this. I like being able to turn off that cookie cutter vehicle health report, because that woman asks 4 times a day if I would like to run one.

I'm registered owner with SMR but I'm not able to download V2.1 update. We have 09 Ford Edge LTD AWD with navigation and last update I did was 1.3. Any help out there?

if you have 1.3, no way you could get 2.1 as you need 2.0 and 2.0 is a dealer only install - typically for a cost - but some of us got it free with a dealer coupon. So, look into 2.0 from the dealer and then you can get 2.1, but I understand at this stage, you might get 2.1 automatically at the dealer now.

btw, to learn what 2.0 is, search here.. it added 911 and vehicle health report abilities

You can most certainly upgrade from 1.3 to 2.1 They completely wipe out the old version and download the new one. Sometimes it is better to keep 2.0 and not upgrade to 2.1 ..... 3.0 is due out shortly after new year which is supposed to resolve issues some are having with 2.1 Peace.

you misunderstood the post, though I thought I was pretty clear 2.0 was a dealer only install while 2.1 is user installed.

YOU cannot go from 1.3 to 2.1. fact

but YOU can go to the dealer and have THEM install 2.0 and then YOU can install 2.1

follow?

Oh.. and BTW, not sure where you read about 3.0 or that it is "due out shortly after new year which is supposed to resolve issues some are having with 2.1" , but Sync 3.0 is out, actually 3.1 is out, but it is not for those of us using 2.0 model Sync systems. 2010 model people are using 3.0, and if your talking 1.x-2.x Sync, your not 2010 model.

Edited by Lex Talionis

First, Sync "3.0" has nothing to do with "3.0" BT.. 2 different products/naming conventions. I do not have a 2010 so do not have Sync 3.0 installed, so do not know its technical requirements for phones, the best place to get that on 3.0 would be here

Second, since you have a 2010, this whole thread does not really apply to you since it is specific to pre 2010 models.

Best to visit that link above, sign up on that website to get an account under the "sync owners" tab and as you provide your cars info, it will tell you what your car can accept and offer sync upgrade options if available.

• 8 months later...