Remote Start

Hello,

I am hoping someone out here can help me. I recently had the Ford Edge Remote Start 7L2Z-19G364-AA put on my wifes Edge Limited. At the time i didnt realize that this remote start would only start the car and not give us the ablility to have the heater/defroster/ac turned on. (We have the dual auto climate control) I guess i would have to get the Ford Edge Remote Start,Remote Keyless Entry & Vehicle Security 7L3Z-19G364-AA to be able to control our climate control from our house. My question is is the only difference between these two systems the Keyfob? Is it possible that i can just buy the 6 button keyfob from the remote start,keyless,etc. system and have it programmed to our current remote start. I would like to believe that the remote start module is the exact same for both systems and that the keyfobs are the only real difference but i dont know. Anyone who could help me would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Thanks for the respones, but i am not sure i understand what you mean when you say whatever you had programmed previous. I bought the Ford basic auto start with the one button key fob and had it installed at a Ford Dealership. How do i program it to turn on whatever i had previously set. Right now the car will start with the remote but the fan motor will not kick on until we insert the key and turn it to the run position! I am very frustrated and the dealer is trying to find out if this is the way its suppose to be or if something is not right with it but until then i would like to find out for myself.

Thanks

Jeremy

I have a very basic auto start in my 07 SEL Plus with auto temp and the car starts with whatever you had programmed previous. It will not operate the rear defroster but the heat and AC work fine as if you turned the key

I think they screwed something up. If I have my auto temp set to 70 degrees and shut off my car, then restart the car using the remote start my auto temp will run the climate control as needed. Keep in mind the heater will not blow until the engine reaches warm enough temp. The AC will kick in right away if it needs it.

I would go back and complain. I have had many vehicles with a remote start installed and most functions within the car will work except for heated mirrors and rear defroster because of the type of switch they are using.

More expensive units will even program the defroster to come on and even open your windows for you

Good luck

Thanks, i will be taking it back to the dealership so they can fix it. It kinda defeats the whole purpose of having it if you can run the heater, etc. I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Jeremy

I think they screwed something up. If I have my auto temp set to 70 degrees and shut off my car, then restart the car using the remote start my auto temp will run the climate control as needed. Keep in mind the heater will not blow until the engine reaches warm enough temp. The AC will kick in right away if it needs it.

I would go back and complain. I have had many vehicles with a remote start installed and most functions within the car will work except for heated mirrors and rear defroster because of the type of switch they are using.

More expensive units will even program the defroster to come on and even open your windows for you

Good luck

• 1 month later...

My wife was told by someone that alot of the new cars come with the remote starter units already in them you just have to go to the dealer and buy the right remote key fob to use it,I had never heard of this before is this true ?

Hi butts. :D No. While I will can not speak for every automaker, that is not the case for Ford vehicles.

While some of the necessary wiring may be in the existing harnesses for standardization and cost containment measures, the remote start system "brain" and electronics are not.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi butts. :D No. While I will can not speak for every automaker, that is not the case for Ford vehicles.

While some of the necessary wiring may be in the existing harnesses for standardization and cost containment measures, the remote start system "brain" and electronics are not.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Ok thanks didn't think so .

Butts